Recent content by LegumiLove

  1. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion

    This is not specific to SnS. There are one off characters like Mayumi in all kinds of manga that are only there to fulfill a simple purpose or are specific to only one arc. I don't want to start dropping spoilers for other series, but a lot of large battle manga do this often. Not everyone in a...
  2. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~La Dessert~ Chapter 2 Spoilers and Discussion

    It's not fan demand. If anything Sorina is one of the few things that has been consistently established throughout the series since the beginning going all the way back to the oneshot before the first volume came out. No other ship has ever made sense for either of them in canon. Also, Mayumi...
  3. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 274 Discussion/275 Predictions

    I'm all for fun fanfiction and stuff. There's nothing wrong with that. With her as my favorite character though, and the many discussions about her I've had about the story itself, I guess I'm just pretty invested in how she is canonically. Tsukuda won't be able to justify that well either and I...
  4. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 274 Discussion/275 Predictions

    Yeah. Connecting the dots needs to happen soon. It's one plot twist after another right now and it's so in our faces after everything else that's happened. It doesn't even feel shocking as much as annoying haha. Her being a "second option" means she is still an option and she definitely...
  5. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 274 Discussion/275 Predictions

    @AstronomyFanatic @yukihira @TotalEconomist @Reacca Guys seriously, Megumi isn't about to "avenge" Souma and beat Suzuki haha. Don't start spreading that because that's why the majority of the fandom ends up getting annoyed and Megumi doesn't deserve that sort of criticism. I see enough of...
  6. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Yurigumi is the best Megumi ngl. @AstronomyFanatic if you're looking for a ship, Megumi and a female harem really isn't a bad option. I can see at the very least Ryouko, Yuki, and of course Hinako being all over that no question. :):cheez:hip Some others might be a bit too entwined in other...
  7. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    That goes for any ship. Try and be both a Megumi fan and someone who doesn't like Soumegu on tumblr, and from what I've noticed in recent lurking, reddit. You get everything you mentioned and more from some soumegu fans. It's absurd and in my experience they're by far the most "die-hard" ship...
  8. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Separate issue from the doctor/hospital haha. Regardless we can't expect Jou to do that. Last time he called Soma was after AE and before that chapter 1. No post-rdc call, no Stagiare, no training camp. Given that he was a student, you'd expect him to know Soma is doing all of these things and...
  9. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Well we still don't know yet. I'm not holding my breath about it, but I can definitely see there being more to Jou's "loss." Need to see what he has to say about it and maybe more about the match. As @Zekiel I think mentioned, it could have easily been a fake out by Jou. Maybe doing this as part...
  10. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Ah okay, I gotcha. Everyone has their own personal tastes, so I hear ya. I think realistically for the story, even though I'd be all for Yuri, Megumi won't end with anyone. That makes the most sense anyway and is the best option for her character. I can't imagine Tsukuda would handle a true...
  11. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    @TotalEconomist has good taste I can tell. ;);) As for "formally" supporting the soumegu ship after clear canon sorina though, I must admit that I'm intrigued by how that would work and what that means. Do you not support it now? You must no? If you're already picking it? Better not to stir the...
  12. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    That's what I'm talking about!! Megumi will realize her true desires soon enough. She's got the French connection. She got those girls on lock and the sooner this is over, the sooner she can "merci" out and head back to where the real action is for her :super;););)
  13. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Yeah this is the closest parallel I can see for them besides friends. Romance towards Megumi just isn't in the cards for Soma. The cliche shounen end confirmation is definitely overdone, I agree. It could be really interesting to get that confirmation much sooner, but with time left in the...
  14. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    Yeah it's really never been something the story supports very well. Her *dream* a few chapters ago might be the only real evidence for a reaction and definitely shows that he's on her mind, but it's not even more than a fantasy in that dream. He's nothing like that and then she goes and has the...
  15. LegumiLove

    Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 273 Discussion/274 Predictions

    No, whether Soma loses or not is mutually exclusive to Erina being the girl. It's already been obvious from the beginning that she's the girl, there's no question there. Instead, since it's likely Soma will lose, this is more to get him going down that path. He would wonder why it bothers him...
Top