Recent content by Manjiknights

  1. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

    Didn’t get a chance to brag about it here yet but how many axed series with no prior multimedia get what’s basically a new chapter and full color ad spread multiple years later? Just when it seemed like it was time to get off, the copium ride continues for Magu believers B) Unrelated, figures...
  2. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    I’ve read all of Kamiki’s one shots that are still obtainable (RIP 2011 G-Cup entry) and this was probably in the weaker half, though I do appreciate the anti-colonialism bend. It’s sci-fi, so it was natural that there was gonna be a lot of worldbuilding explanation, and as a result if felt much...
  3. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    P6 ending was funny as hell (final panel was *chef’s kiss*) but objectively an atrocious final chapter, Japan is not happy at all, whole ending seems like a rage induced fuck you. Shame because this axe is probably gonna tarnish the cult fan reputation it did have, it’s literally polar opposite...
  4. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    No man you have it worse at least we got an ending and lots of campaigns this and HSF were so brutal I kinda feel bad for spending an entire year complaining now Also almost all my predictions are getting btfo’d already I’m gonna be so mad in November
  5. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    So I know I’m extremely late with issue 2 out in the wild already but I was too distracted to do this earlier and also it doesn’t matter. I don’t care to post here much anymore but I do want to at least go back and check over my predictions from last year and make some new ones. Hats off if you...
  6. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Because you are new, giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming this is not a joke—no, these things have absolutely nothing to do with each other and its volume 1 sales are most likely under 3k it is donezo
  7. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Agravity Boys in #5-6 2021, though it was on the cover before as the first half of the OP 1000 connected cover
  8. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I told everyone when they were dooming about Roboco getting anime first that the battle shonen were coming :P Congrats Mashle. About time. Maybe I’ll finally advance slowly out of my depression arc and catch up on the last few months of the manga I missed at some point…
  9. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Everything besides Witch Watch, Sakamoto and the debut Akane (Mashle-tier debut, let’s see if it keeps growing though) is down or stagnant. Typical for WSJ now. Though Ayashimon didn’t drop as much as I expected it to. Roboco recovered its volume 7 losses with the anime announcement but seems to...
  10. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Ruri Dragon is gonna need way more of a hook and a strong supporting cast going forward, this chapter was super boring honestly. I like cute SoL series but still at least need strong characters to bounce off each other in scenarios. Some of the interactions were okay but nobody was interesting...
  11. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I think it will end soon but I don't think it will be from a cancellation. I'm pretty sure "you have half a year left" is something more akin to what Magu got (granted, probably because it was timed with Dr. Stone ending which had to be known well in advance) and if a 10k seller could get that...
  12. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Magu-chan’s final volume confirms the series’s 3rd editor was Muraoka. @Aeneas you might be interested in this.
  13. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Nice post. A couple of things: The 4koma Kamiki did was just promotional material for merchandise so he still hasn’t done anything not Magu-related since it ended. We might get a hint in the final volume afterword about what his plans are, but curiously he’s the only WSJ author I can remember in...
  14. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Wasn’t a mangaka, it was the director of the anime for Gintama and Osomatsu-san saying he would want to direct an anime for Samon on obi. One of its color pages was a collaboration with Osomatsu as a result. You can count Magu (Ashihara) and David-kun (Posuka) for this I guess but those...
  15. Manjiknights

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    They didn’t stop marketing Boruto’s multimedia when Samurai 8 flopped (granted Kishimoto wasn’t directly involved until after S8 died). Jigo didn’t need Ayashimon
Top