Recent content by Mavorpen

  1. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 706 Discussion/ 707 Prediction

    There IS a fansub out for the movie. Anyway, I'm not sure why using swords requires that you take the lives of your opponents. Though I'm sure it would require more skill with swords to defeat your opponent without killing them, so there is that point.
  2. Mavorpen

    Chapter Bleach 528 Discussion

    Re: Bleach 528 Discussion / 529 Predictions No, the Mangastream translation makes it clear that Isshin is saying that Ichigo is not JUST a Shinigami. "You're not really a Shinigami. But... you aren't a mere human either." He's essentially stating that he's not just a human or just a...
  3. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions

    Re: One Piece 698 Discussion / 699 Predictions (NEXT CHAPTER IN 2 WEEKS!) Okay, this is starting to annoy me. Where in the manga or has Oda stated that Smoker is in fact Luffy's Garp? Utterly nowhere. So why people keep saying this over and over like a mantra thinking, "If I repeat it, maybe...
  4. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction You're upset that Tashigi is using Soru, yet you're not upset she's using something that arguably takes more skill and training: Haki? :P
  5. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction I'm surprised that no one said, "I BET ZORO OPENED HIS OTHER EYE, AND THAT CAUSED MONET TO BE UNABLE TO MOVE!" :teehee
  6. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction Are you sure you're not just advertising your reviews? :3c I kid. But I don't really see it as a plothole. Zoro didn't really need to bear her right then and there. In the end, it worked out, so I don't think Zoro cares too much about it.
  7. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction Where did Razh state that Zoro won't EVENTUALLY be able to use CoC? Right now Luffy is enough, IMO. This would only make a slight bit of sense if you've ignored past chapters. Monet from the get go, knew she couldn't win against Zoro. At the same...
  8. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction I just think people look too much into things that are already supposed to have deeper meaning. I mean, I thought Tashigi's explanation was pretty straightforward in itself, and doesn't really require much thinking about other factors contributing...
  9. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction ...No. Tashigi already explained it. Monet at that moment was so overridden by her fear of Zoro, that she couldn't regain her composure enough to reform herself. Sometimes I feel sorry for Oda. It seems he can't write a single chapter with deeper...
  10. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 687 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 687 Discussion / 688 Prediction To be honest, I'm disappointed. Not with the artwork, not with the pacing, not with Zoro's badassery, but that Zoro hasn't had a legit fight yet. And by legit, I don't mean a fight where he perseveres throughout the odds. I mean a fight where the...
  11. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 686 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 686 Discussion / 687 Prediction No, Hoeru said that Monet is a skilled logia, someone took this and somehow came up with "Monet can't beat a VA."
  12. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 686 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 686 Discussion / 687 Prediction Maybe to gain the trust of the children? Once the trust was gained, and the children couldn't leave anyway due to the "candy" addiction, there was no need to remain in a completely human form.
  13. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 686 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 686 Discussion / 687 Prediction I didn't imply that at all. I never said that he didn't. I was explaining that just because you can use CoO, it doesn't mean you can use CoA automatically, because they are separate.
  14. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 686 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 686 Discussion / 687 Prediction There are different types of Haki... Zoro used CoO Haki to detect Monet. You need CoA to harm her.
  15. Mavorpen

    Chapter One Piece 686 Discussion

    Re: One Piece 686 Discussion / 687 Prediction Yeah. Oda probably knew that fans were awaiting Monet v. Nami and/or Robin, so it's nice for him to throw that in there.
Top