Recent content by Megapithicanthrope

  1. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion Quit complaining about Kishimoto.

    It seems like every time I read a comment or thread these days someone is making disparaging remarks about Kishimoto's talents as a writer; that's he's just making things up with no idea what he's doing or pulling things out of his ass. To that end I wish to say something in the author's...
  2. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    I don't think Naruto will defeat either of them to be honest. That's not his role in the story.
  3. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    That's correct but that's not the prophecy I'm talking about. When the Rinnegan was first introduced to the story Jiraya said that they were purported to be "tools of the Heavens that appeared in trouble times to either save the world or destroy it". That's the legend/prophecy that I'm...
  4. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    Well, that's why it did click. Naruto's path is set at this point, he's made up his mind what side he's going to fight on so he could no longer choose to destroy the world. Sasuke, however, still has that choice ahead of him.
  5. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    I don't think Sasuke can awaken the Rinnegan the same way that Madara did. Madara used Senju DNA which Sasuke doesn't possess. The only way that Sasuke could awaken a Rinnegan at this point in the story is if he already possessed the Kekkei Genkai for the Rinnegan.
  6. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    Oi! You completely missed the point I was trying to make! :-_- I never thought about him biting Karin, though.
  7. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    I have thought about that and there's no easy answer to it that I've come up with. The best answer I can give is that the Rinnegan consists of two parts; the "eyes" that were inherited by the older brother and the "body" that was inherited by the younger brother. Perhaps if Sasuke possesses...
  8. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory The legend surrounding the Rinnegan and Sasuke's ultimate role in the story.

    Looking around the forum I can see that many people reading Naruto these days are all wondering what will ultimately happen to Sasuke at the end of the story. Seeing as Sasuke is by far my favorite character in the series the question has crossed my mind many times as well. I've had an idea...
  9. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion Kishi tries to hard to justify Sasuke's character (Rant)

    @ xXan Whatever, dude. I'm not deliberately misreading the manga and even if I'm wrong about some of it (like the stuff with Onoki) Itachi still called Naruto out for being too full of himself. Naruto and Nagato together are still the Child of Prophecy, the old frog said so.
  10. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion What do you think Kishimoto wants Sasuke to become in the end?

    I agree with you one hundred percent! It's Sasuke's family and Sasuke's legacy. Sasuke has wanted to redeem his clan since the beginning of the series and I can't think of a better way for him to do it.
  11. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion Kishi tries to hard to justify Sasuke's character (Rant)

    @ xXan You're misunderstanding the situation. At the time Minato (and Jiraya) said those things they had no idea who the Child of Prophecy would be. They were only stating their interpretation of the prophecy and both of them would later prove to be wrong. Naruto isn't the Child of Prophecy...
  12. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion Kishi tries to hard to justify Sasuke's character (Rant)

    You're listening too much to what Naruto says and not analyzing how he actually behaves. Look more closely at how Naruto treats Gaara and especially Onoki and you can glean more of what Naruto is really all about. Besides, as I said before, Itachi actually does call Naruto arrogant when...
  13. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory Why Naruto won't become Hokage and will die with Sasuke

    I don't think it's neccessary to unite the countries under one government. They simply have to get along and coexist peacefully such as with Konoha and Suna in the present story. A one world government is absolutelly no guarantee of peace. They can still squabble amongst themselves just as...
  14. Megapithicanthrope

    Discussion What do you think Kishimoto wants Sasuke to become in the end?

    I disagree. Naruto has already forgiven Sasuke. Kakashi is just being cautious until he can confirm whether the story about Itachi is true. Sakura will forgive Sasuke the moment she actually finds out the truth (the idiots should never have hid it from her) and I think Sasuke will be able to...
  15. Megapithicanthrope

    Theory Why Naruto won't become Hokage and will die with Sasuke

    I never thought Madara literally gave Nagato his own eyes. Wouldn't Nagato be exhausted after using them like Kakashi? I guess his being an Uzumaki might make a difference but I always compared him more to Yamato. The extent of their abilities always seemed more similar to me.
Top