Recent content by Midak

  1. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    There have already been in the past, such as Steel Ball Run and Zombie Powder, but for different reasons they didn't stay long. There is now Marshall King on Jump +, but I kind of stopped reading it.
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I am curious to see how well Akane Banashi's anime will do. I suspect a good response from the Japanese anime audience, while not so good from the Western one. Still it is a good series. I have stopped reading it for a while because I got a bit bored of its structure, but I will continue at...
  3. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Regarding the whole Sakamoto days, I understand the issues of anime (essentially the animation of the action scenes), but I also would like to point out that, in my view, a reason for the lack of an explosion in interest for the manga is its inconsistent plot. Also, aside from Sakamoto...
  4. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I like Sakamoto days, and although I believe the anime has quite a few issues (animation mainly), I don't think it is the only problem for this small impact. In my opinion, a big reason is the first part of the source material, the manga, which are quite episodic and the opponents, but also the...
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    I mean, it depends how you define it I guess. From the point of view of the manga in its genre, I believe it is a success. However, I have seen many times in this forum people stating that Dr. Stone and its anime were not big successes. In the case of Dr. Stone, the impact of the anime on the...
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Honestly, aside from Kagurabachi and Ichi the Witch, I don't see any other possibile big success arriving from future anime adaptations (WSJ) at the moment. I am a bit uncertain regarding Ruri Dragon, in the sense I feel like it can have its audience, but similarly to Blue Box, but it won't be...
  7. Shounen Dandadan by Tatsu, Yukinobu

    While we have seen clear improvements from most the charactes, it seems no one is able to keep up with the aliens, at least against a group of them. However, it seems a bit too soon for another training arc after the musical one. i don't know if Tastu put it in as a joke, but in the early...
  8. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I believe almost everyone who read Takopi's Original Sin from the same author. Not very convinced about this manga yet in terms of both art and story. It is well drawn, but the usage of unsual perspectives is, in my opinion, a bit too frequent for a non-action manga and makes the series harder...
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I do not remember what happened exactly around volume 10. My feeling is that the shift from a gag/comedy manga with a little bit of action to a full battle manga in the last volumes might be the cause. For most of the recent fights, I have a hard time caring for the characters and motivations...
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I kind of agree in the sense that I believe it was carried by the KNY "hype wave" and its own anime. Now, with the first one gone and the second one temporarely on break, it might be some readers realized it was not for them. I am curious to see if the upcoming second season will help.
  11. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    It will probably take a bit to see the effects of the anime. I believe we can agree that, while we can see it as a part to set up some aspects of the story, the first section of CSM is not really the most exciting one. I can see it growing progressively towards the end of the season. Really...
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Aren't those circulation numbers? A fraction of it is still unsold copies. Then I guess they might be including digital sales as well.
  13. Mag Talk Shonen Jump Plus - News and Discussion

    I will continue to read it for a while. From the chapter titles, it seems the scheme of story, at least for a while, could be
  14. Mag Talk Shonen Jump Plus - News and Discussion

    The two chapters are good, but it feels something that can get quite repetitive pretty soon.
  15. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Both TDBS and GG have some qualities which could allow them to survive for a while. In both cases the art is good, but in the first series, I see the characters sometimes fading into the background because of the the thin lines that were used to draw them. Also, both of them are a bit messy in...
Top