Recent content by Mooncrow

  1. Mooncrow

    Tournament fights

    Re: Hibari vs Xanxus I would basically vote for Hibari in a Hibari vs. God matchup. But for this match specifically - people have already gone over some of the arguments between the individual power matchups; and both are powerful enough that it comes down to who gets the tactical advantage...
  2. Mooncrow

    Chapter One Piece 558 Discussion/559 Prediction Thread

    Correct, the bodies animated by stolen shadows can move in sunlight normally.
  3. Mooncrow

    Chapter One Piece 558 Discussion/559 Prediction Thread

    I'm just really curious what Shabondy was calling HQ about... Brilliant chapter, of course.
  4. Mooncrow

    Fairy Tail Vol. 15 (Chap 119-126) Discussions

    Re: Fairy Tail 126 Discussion / 127 Prediction I think you have Mashima confused with another artist. Exaggerated facial expressions are his freaking trademark, for god's sake. In fact, what I enjoy most about it is that I can basically go panel by panel and figure out exactly what's going...
  5. Mooncrow

    Fairy Tail Vol. 15 (Chap 119-126) Discussions

    Re: Fairy Tail 126 Discussion / 127 Prediction No, actually. It's a device that allows us to see Luxus' emotions without stupid exposition or soliloquizing. I can see how it sucks for hardcore Luxus fans, that he isn't a badass through and through, but if you didn't pick up on that fact...
  6. Mooncrow

    Fairy Tail Vol. 15 (Chap 119-126) Discussions

    Re: Fairy Tail 120 Discussion / 121 Predictions I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Fairy Tail probably isn't a good reading choice for you, and you should probably avoid One Piece as well. You're assumptions are unfounded, and what appears obvious to you, very likely isn't. Mashima...
  7. Mooncrow

    Fairy Tail Vol. 15 (Chap 119-126) Discussions

    Re: Fairy Tail 120 Discussion / 121 Predictions Actually, there is a certain amount of foreshadowing on the connection already for those paying close attention. We have references to "the Sacred Light" in exactly two places in the manga; one made by Mistgun in reference to Makarov's Fairy...
  8. Mooncrow

    Rogue Sapphire...Spreading the Kenichi Love

    I just wanted to pop in and really thank you for continuing the Kenichi translations. Such a great series deserves great translations =) It's also really great for me since Kenichi is one of the mangas I'm using to polish my Japanese skills, it's been really helpful to check against yours when...
  9. Mooncrow

    Discussion About multiple Edited Mangas for a single series...

    Well, you can basically do what I did; say "fuck you" to leechers and spend the time I used to spend Editing and learn japanese instead. Now I get to enjoy whatever series I want, and I don't have to deal with the bullshit whining from the scanslation community. Win/win for me...
  10. Mooncrow

    Shoujo 7th Period is a Secret

    I've been meaning to say this for a while, but thank you for covering these mangas. I made an attempt at doing some shojo and josei reviews, but I ran into problems because in general I despise 99% of the junk that's put under those labels :p Anyway, it's great to have a more objective...
  11. Mooncrow

    Haruka's One Piece Review: Chapter 511

    A very nice review indeed. I have one thing to add though, I meant to add it in my theory I proposed in Sahu's last review, but since you brought it up here, so much the better. Going along with my theory that Vegapunk is from Bilka, we know that they already have the technology to create...
  12. Mooncrow

    Seinen Black Lagoon

    Given that, as you say, the focus is on the characters rather than plot (and I agree with you), don't you think a 9 is a touch high for the plot score? The rest of the review is pretty good, though I would prefer your own thoughts over quotes pulled from elsewhere.
  13. Mooncrow

    Shounen Psyren

    It's an interesting manga to be sure. As Barbapapa mentioned, it has spent a fair amount of time wandering around, but there's some potential here. I hope it lives up to it.
  14. Mooncrow

    Shounen Blue Dragon Ral Grad

    I think your score is pretty bang on the money. There's some enjoyment to be had in the series, but don't expect too much.
  15. Mooncrow

    Shounen Bleach by Kubo Tite

    There are two major complaints about Bleach these days: 1. Lack of character development of the main cast, and 2. Plot repetition I think that both are valid complaints. That's not to say that he doesn't have room to turn it around, and I think he's given us some faint hope that he will, but...
Top