Recent content by Muddy

  1. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012-2013] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 4 You must not have been around when Neuro was in the magazine; that was a cult hit if ever there was one, very rarely making it out of the bottom half of the magazine, often in the bottom five. Thankfully, the support must've been...
  2. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Incidentally: Assassination Classroom is awesome (no surprise, after the masterpiece Neuro), so I hope it comes out real strong when ranked!
  3. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 Togashi tired of Hunter? Not if this most recent arc was any indication... one of the series' best, in a short burst of glory. Didn't read like the product of someone tired with his series, though of course I could be wrong!
  4. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 So thrilled about HxH continuing indefinitely... especially as, arguably, the manga has never been better.
  5. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 New Komi Naoshi series... at long last. I'm kinda feeling an Ashirogi Muto scenario here, though, where he tries a romance/comedy series while his true forte is fantasy adventure; but I may be wrong. Despite my general...
  6. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I noticed a few people saying above that the second half of Death Note was "extended," which I take to mean that the editors forced the mangaka to continue the manga even though they wanted to end it. Is this speculation, or has it actually been confirmed by Obata or Ohba?
  7. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    No, it's been like this for years. There was a series that debuted in 2004 (back when I first started following the ToC) called LIVE, which lasted a whopping ten chapters. There've been lots of series in Jump's past that end very early.
  8. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Wow, I had no idea that Sket Dance debuted in last place. How bizarre! And how awesome of it to climb back up. I remember several stretches during which it looked like it would go any second, but it made it in the end, somehow.
  9. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Unfortunately, at this point that's pretty much impossible. Once a series settles at rock bottom like Ikkyu did, I think the decision by Jump's editors to cancel it has already been made, and it's just living out its tenure. (I think I remember reading in Bakuman that the serialization meetings...
  10. Muddy

    The Bomber D Rufi Thread

    Hmm, I didn't consider the raw situation, and a search doesn't bring up anything... well, not too surprising, I suppose. But tell you what. Check out the first chapter (there's a Edited Manga available in the usual areas one might seek such a thing) and if you like it and feel like working on it...
  11. Muddy

    The Bomber D Rufi Thread

    I don't know whether by Shounen Jump you are implying a [weekly], but if so, Uchimizu Tooru's Agrippa is running in Square. I don't think anyone has been translating it (aside from the first chapter). That I'd appreciate!
  12. Muddy

    Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

    Re: Jump SQ (Monthly Shounen Mag by Shueisha) Hey folks: just today I found out that one of my favorite mangaka, Uchimizu Tōru (famously canceled three times in WSJ...), has got a manga called Agrippa that showed up in SQ. Is it a series or just a one-shot?
  13. Muddy

    Shounen St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru

    Re: [New] St&rs by TAKEUCHI Ryousuke and MIYOKAWA Masaru Great, promising start! First chapter was intriguing enough, but the second was even more enjoyable. Classic, standard shounen, but it does its job very well :)
  14. Muddy

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2 Goes back to the old joke that Togashi takes long breaks because he likes to stay at home and play video games. And everyone knows that when a new Dragon Quest comes out, everyone in Japan takes an extended vacation (including, rumor...
  15. Muddy

    Bakuman Vol 05 (ch035-ch043) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 35 Discussion / 36 Prediction Thread This NYE party is soooo exciting. I can't wait to see if all the preconceptions those of us who watch the ToC have of the major mangaka are true :P At first I found Miura rather annoying but, like Saiko, I liked hm by the end of the chapter...
Top