Recent content by n8starr

  1. Language English Study Thread - Polish your forums communication skills!

    This is true, how we were taught in elementary school is that it isn't grammatically correct if you can't flip flop the subject and object and still have a working sentence. For example: He is older than I. (Grammatically correct) He is older than me. (Conversationally correct) I...
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2 Yeah, i was wondering... is it about kochi kame? I dont think anyone's really said yet other than talking about Jump Grade 1...
  3. Edited Mangas Errors

    Yes, it's a word, it's a contraction of "has not", so pg 74 in chapter 62 is ok. Here are corrections for chapter 64: hope that helps, any questions just pm me :)
  4. Discussion Manga/Comic from your childhood....

    I actually never got into manga till just recently, mostly american comics here. I think the first manga i really got was One Piece or a korean manwha, Ragnarok. From there it branched out to a lot of different ones, like Gintama, Doraemon, and others. I wish i would have been priviliged to...
  5. Shounen Major by Mitsuda Takuya

    Re: Major - Discussion Thread Does anyone know if they still scan chapters? the latest chapter in japan is 653 according to a blog i found, havent seen any on raw paradise in a long time!
  6. Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

    Re: The official Jump Square thread Yeah i liked it too, maybe someone will take it up if they can sometime soon... well since i looked thru the thread here and saw chapters 4 and 5, i will keep an eye on this and see if anyone posts any more chapters...
  7. Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

    Re: The official Jump Square thread Do they still do Parman? I havent seen any raws of it past chapter 3 in a while...
  8. Discussion Do You Get Flak For Being A Fan of Anime/Manga?

    Not really, my parents know i am obsessed with languages and am majoring in foreign language, so reading manga is kinda like practice, I read manga in english and then compare it to the japanese some of the time and see if i can get the meaning by reading it. It's very fun, and i can learn new...
  9. Shounen Major by Mitsuda Takuya

    Re: Major - Discussion Thread Yes, Vol. 65 is in stores, and 66 is about to be too if I remember seeing right, but there are only fake scans on winny as of right now...
  10. Discussion Fight hunger with a "click"

    This IS really addictive like someone said! My best level so far is 42, not using a dictionary... it helps to recognize prefixes, that's what helps me :) But this is a great tool I think, how hard is it to click and get a word right and know you're helping someone out there?! Thanks for this post!
  11. Shounen Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke

    Re: Whistle Edited Mangas Why the hell are these ppl doing this?! I know the last scans werent supposed to come out but come on now.... defeats the purpose of these groups trying to scanlate this series....
  12. Shounen Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke

    Re: Whistle Edited Mangas Does anyone know about this release? Whistle! Vol. 14-15 KaikaNekoManga saw it on mangaupdates, not sure if its a different group doing more VIZ scans or if it's some group who did actual Edited Mangas... anyone know anything???
  13. Feedback The new Shoutbox Format!

    Yeah, i have to agree, I like the new format. MUCH easier to see exactly what's out and what's not yet... also giving the coloring contest notifications a seperate section is good too cuz those tended to blend in with everything else, leaving me a lil confused and having to look a bit closer...
  14. Shounen Major by Mitsuda Takuya

    Re: Major - Discussion Thread If anyone has Volumes 54 and 57, please upload them!! These are the only 2 volumes i need to be caught up to volume 64! I plan sometime soon to start re-uploading all the volumes, since they're so hard to get. A little off topic, but I got these 2 volumes...
  15. Shounen Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke

    Re: Whistle Edited Mangas Yea that would be great if you could scanlate this manga, Ser3n, i have read all the volumes that viz has released anyway but it would be nice to have them on my computer too, maybe in a better translation than viz, as well as the ones that come after....
Top