Recent content by natural-log

  1. natural-log

    Done Need help checking

    For panel 2, am I on the right track? =panel 1 The children of Miare. =panel 2 The ones who made it possible to continue compiling the Gensoukyou Chronicle, the record that has been compiled for ages by Hieda-no-Are, the 1st generation. A name to refer the same individual that has...
  2. natural-log

    Showdown Anime Character Showdown - #4 Most Badass Female Edition

    No love for Koko Hekmatyar? The Goddess of Information! Wanted to nominate Balalaika too, but to me, Koko comes first!
  3. natural-log

    Done Need help with 巳丙の大逸壁, 寅甲 and 甲寅

    Btw, instead of SSE or ENE, is it wise to translate 巳丙 and 寅甲 as "Fire Snake/Snake Fire direction" and "Wood Tiger/Tiger Wood direction" respectively? I thought I should try to convey its "old" feeling. (Based from here)
  4. natural-log

    Done Need help with 巳丙の大逸壁, 寅甲 and 甲寅

    What is 大逸壁, 巳丙 and 寅甲? What kind of wall/barrier is 大逸壁? For 巳丙 and 寅甲, someone told me they are related to the Chinese sexagenary cycle. However, if so, I'm not sure about the significance of reversing the characters and how to translate it. Last panel Panel 3-4 As for the...
  5. natural-log

    Done help with these sentences

    I think you're on the right track for the 2nd line. Basically, the one who says the line believes that he's right about the other character running away without even trying.
  6. natural-log

    Done 大江戸 and explosions?

    I think I get it. I'm guessing it might be related to the fireworks in the Ooedo festival or something.
  7. natural-log

    Done 大江戸 and explosions?

    So, the characters are kinda doing an experiment by gathering magic energy into a doll, but apparently too much magic energy was gathered and the experiment resulted in a great mushroom-shaped explosion. And then, the punchline is 大江戸でした. What does 大江戸 mean here? So far, I only got that it's...
  8. natural-log

    Done 袖通してない服?

    Might be an obvious question, but what kind of clothing is 袖通してない服? Sleeved clothing?
  9. natural-log

    Done [JP] Help translating 人にあらざる

    What is the general meaning of "人にあらざる" and "人にあらず"? Thx in advance.
  10. natural-log

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread 悲しい思いをしてまで生きるなんて なんて不毛なんだ I'm not really sure about the "悲しい思いをして" part. Is it "creating sadness", "carrying sadness" or something entirely different?
  11. natural-log

    Help [JP] The Official Kanji Ask-for-Help Thread

    Previous page The full page This is the highest resolution I could find, unfortunately T_T
  12. natural-log

    Help [JP] The Official Kanji Ask-for-Help Thread

    It's the handwritten part in the left bubble. Thx in advance.
  13. natural-log

    Done Titles + @

    Seeking help to understand these 対等に泰斗 This one is the title of a 4koma strip and I'm not sure how to translate the title. The context includes two slackers who are blaming each other. Chara A blames Chara B because B is making A looks lazy and vice versa. And on the last panel, their...
  14. natural-log

    Done Poem and impression

    Looks like I missed quite a bit on the 2nd part.... For the poem, does it flow better if I tweak it a bit? Like this? Place a simple koto Amidst this brightness Unable to endure the beauty of autumn The koto will begin to sing silently or is the previous one(after the revision)...
  15. natural-log

    Done Poem and impression

    Can I request a translation check please? The first one is a poem (part of the poem?) by Yagi Juukichi. Having no poetic sense, I just translated as it is. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- この明るさのなかへ ひとつの素朴な琴をおけば 秋の美しさに耐えかね 琴は静かに鳴りいだすだろう...
Top