Recent content by Nibi Nekomata

  1. Nibi Nekomata

    fairy tail (shounen magazine)

    Re: Fairy Tail Translations Thanks very much! I agree. If I tried to translate a really popular series that lots of other translators were interested in, I think I'd lose motivation really fast. I'm not nearly advanced enough to be considered competition, so I hope KEFI doesn't think I'm...
  2. Nibi Nekomata

    fairy tail (shounen magazine)

    Fairy Tail Translations Hi, I'm Nibi Nekomata and I'm currently studying Japanese Language and Literature, so I though I would try my hand at translating manga in order to improve my skills. I've been a fan of Fairy Tail for a while and I noticed that, being newer and having a smaller fanbase...
  3. Nibi Nekomata

    Akatsuki Mega Convo

    Re: Weakest Akatsuki Member so far that we've known? I know it's only one person, but whoever voted for the unknown member fails at life. I mean, we haven't even seen her face let alone seen her FIGHT. What kind of sense does it make for one of the last two Akatsuki members introduced to be the...
  4. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    Good plan. I'm always happy to have a good debate, but flame wars aren't my style either, especially over something so insignificant as a pet pairing. Great discussion though, thanks for the intelligent conversation! :D And now, on a completely unrelated note, I thought the interaction between...
  5. Nibi Nekomata

    Discussion Why isn't D. Gray Man more popular?

    If it's been through 86 chapters already and hasn't gotten cancelled, it has to have some significant fanbase, right? It actually takes a few brain cells to understand DGM, thus a majority of teh intarwebz cannot partake of it. We should be thankful though, at least we don't have all the trash...
  6. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    Oh come on, since when have these kids ever acted like real twelve year olds? Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but this is a manga and being such it follows certain patterns. When the main characters make promises to become stronger, they will become stronger. When Naruto sets...
  7. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    "I love you with all my heart"? Plz. I'm not talking about crazy "Yondaime is the Akatsuki leader" kind of predictions, I'm talking about things like "Naruto will convert Sai", which people predicted based on the themes and patterns of the story and which DID come true. Another one would be...
  8. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    Agreed on the first point. Shounen symbolism is overt, and none of that scene was symbolic. I disagree on the second point, however. There's a difference between hints and anvils. So far, in terms of character relationships, Kishimoto-sensei has been fairly straightforward. The only time a...
  9. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    I don't quite see what you're getting at. I think the darkness itself isn't so much symbolic as it is a mood setter. Chapter 181 also took place in the dark, and the contrast of black and white makes for a more dramatic scene altogether. She's already made her decision; she made it two and half...
  10. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    I think it's already been established that Sakura and Naruto are the kind of people who will never let go of someone they love, even if it means destroying themselves. They'll fix him, whether he likes it or not.
  11. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    How do you know what he was about to say if he didn't say it? Plus, he was telling her what he saw in her, not really probing for information. People used to say 181 was the end of SasuSaku too, yet lo and behold here we see the moon and the picture again... You don't just say "I love you with...
  12. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    That does not excuse the bad mental images. XD
  13. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    Don't worry about it. It was just kind of a strange mental image. :D
  14. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    I hope you mean pregnant with Asuma's CHILD and not Asuma himself. Because, um, ew? Not to mention wtf? Also, I think that would be cool, but not likely. There's no babies in shonen manga, everyone knows that. ;D
  15. Nibi Nekomata

    Chapter 319 Discussion [Naruto]

    Yamato never asked that. She was putting herself down for not being able to do anything for Naruto, and Yamato told her it was her feelings that mattered, not her actions. All I'm saying is that when an author repeats such a strong visual motif from such a emotional chapter, he's dropping the...
Top