Recent content by Padawan09

  1. Padawan09

    Done I am having trouble translating this

    No no, I totally agree that knowing the context is crucial to producing a translation. I mean, I posted my questions elsewhere and, native speakers of Japanese were also unsure about what the context is. I think we are sorta like walking in the dark when we can't see the context. What the...
  2. Padawan09

    Done Translation Assistance Needed Please

    Oh, that sample sentence is my rough memory of something that was in the Genki text book when I a Japanese language Course at a University. Oh well, thanks for the help on understanding the difference between shika and dake. I remember the Sensei explaining that, if you hear shika, the verb...
  3. Padawan09

    Done I am having trouble translating this

    The following is the intro to a Doujinshi I am attempting to translate but, when I tried, I found it pretty difficult to do. If somebody could be so kind to do me the favor over sharing even the slightest glimpse of their expertise on how to properly translate this, I would very highly...
  4. Padawan09

    Done Translation Assistance Needed Please

    Could also say: "Not even the "fu" has anything in commmon." I am having difficulty in remembering the difference between だけ and しか. The meaning of しか is nebulous to me. All I remember is that, if there is しか there will be a negation. Which leads me to believe that しか is for wanting to...
  5. Padawan09

    Done Translation Assistance Needed Please

    I am trying to translate this Omake but、 I am having trouble with making an appropriate English adaption. I think I got the translation down technically but, I could still use some help. Well, here is my rough draft translation. Title: 佐々岡センセがやってきた Teacher Sasaoka Makes an appearance...
  6. Padawan09

    Done Translation Assistance Needed Please

    I am trying to translate this Omake but、 I am having trouble with making an appropriate English adaption. I think I got the translation down technically but, I could still use some help. Well, here is my rough draft translation. Title: 佐々岡センセがやってきた Teacher Sasaoka Makes an appearance...
  7. Padawan09

    Done Quick Questions: Help with Language

    Hello, new here! I just have a few questions I could not find answers from the help guide. 1.) If I go to "Browse Manga" and do a search on say, "Hikaru no go", does that mean that what is posted is Raw and has not been translated yet? If so, are the English versions to these novels on...
Top