Recent content by Pedroland17

  1. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    I think there are two really important things to consider about One Piece right now. 1 - If this flashback is happening now, then I’m pretty convinced Gunko is going to switch sides. And she’s probably going to end up being really important during the actual action too. 2 - I’ve had this theory...
  2. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Man, Alien Headbutt is genuinely depressing. In terms of content, actual progression, pacing, and developments, it’s one of the most miserable early runs I can remember reading in Jump in the last 3 or 4 years. It seriously feels like I’m reading the same chapter over and over again. Same...
  3. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Drawn to the Fire continues to be really good. Now the series has settled into a less rushed pace, taking its time to develop things, and I’m still fully invested. I just hope Jump doesn’t cancel this manga and actually puts some effort into keeping it in the magazine to see if it can grow into...
  4. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    This is where you really nailed the point. He even brought up Tezuka as an example, saying a manga page should be read in three seconds, even though Tezuka filled pretty much ALL of his manga with tons of dialogue lol. Torishima probably never even read Tezuka properly. He’s just an old guy who...
  5. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    I feel like manga paneling has changed a lot compared to something like Dragon Ball. Toriyama kept things super clean and easy to follow. The action always flows, and you can understand everything at a glance. It’s all about movement and clarity. With a lot of modern manga like Jujutsu Kaisen...
  6. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    I don’t think Ikemoto really tries that hard to emulate Kishimoto’s art. If anything, it feels quite different, and he has his own style. To me, the one who actually tried to emulate Kishimoto was the artist behind Samurai 8. And I’m strongly against the idea of bringing in another artist to...
  7. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    No chance. The anime is adapting around chapter 1100-something. It would take more than 10 years to catch up to that lol. One Piece will probably be over before that, I think.
  8. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    It finally got off the ground lol. And I find it interesting how Netflix seems to be aiming to turn the anime into a mini-series format. If they can manage to produce at least one batch of 7 episodes every year, the success will be massive.
  9. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Wow!! But he was really heavily influenced by Oda. Impressive.
  10. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    And we can’t forget that Kiyoshi is always on the edge too. Sales are stable, but they’re not growing. It really feels like the author writes every arc as if it could be the last, because honestly, it might be lol I think it’ll pass 100 chapters, but it’ll probably struggle to reach 200. I’d be...
  11. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Are you talking about Torishima? He really was a taskmaster. And more recently, at a Dragon Ball event, he told Toyotaro to his face that he needed to improve his paneling and that he was just average lol
  12. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Now that I’m fully caught up with Kiyoshi, I honestly don’t see the story lasting much longer. Of course, the author could choose to extend it and plan new developments to stretch things out a bit. But given the current dynamics, the protagonist’s status and strength, and the number of powerful...
  13. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    I know the original idea was to consider manga from 2020 onward, but thinking about arcs that both started and finished after 2020, I’d definitely put Egghead at least in my top 3. At least among the ones I follow, of course. One Piece is still one of the best in the magazine.
  14. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    The Bakugami and Demonic Ocean arcs in Ichi the Witch pushed the manga to a whole new level above the others.
  15. Pedroland17

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

    Same goes for Drawn to the Fire. It could easily run for over 200 chapters.
Top