You mean the "official definition" that AI spat out after skimming through a couple of Reddit posts?
Wikipedia has a totally different definition, and even then, that's not "official" because it says it's subjective at the end of the day...and it's Wikipedia.
You're free to have your opinion...
I didn't really "grow up" reading manga. I read my first manga chapter when I was in college back in 2014, and that was the first chapter of My Hero Academia. So MHA always holds a special place for me, even if I think it kind of fell off in a few places narratively later on. But I've always...
All points about Wano are valid, but the usual consenus is that every manga arc is better when you binge it. One Piece especially. The pacing issues evaporate as soon as you sit down and read it cover to cover. Dressrosa was such a slog, but everyone who read it after said it was awesome. I've...
Lol. It feels like Oda talks about going to a concert every week in his author comments.
Overall, I like the new batch and still have hopes we can get a sports manga that sticks. Am I accurate in saying the last one that had a "successful" run was Hinomaru Sumo? (I don't count Robot x Laserbeam...
Yeah, but even comparing Under Doctor to HxH is unfair. Under Doctor isn't nearly as verbose. They're operating at totally different capacities. If you go back and reread the first three chapters of Jujutsu Kaisen or MHA, they have roughly the same amount of text as Under Doctor, so that would...
It's going to be Kinato for me. It's cliché, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I get that same level of childish excitement when reading it as I did when Black Clover first came out.
My overall ranking is Kinato > Under Doctor > Alien Headbutt
Under Doctor may be a little more wordy than...
Don't remind me. It still blows my mind that they decided to go this route with the story. The pacing became so slow in this prep arc that it feels like we're going backwards. I haven't read it in forever. Just going to binge it whenever this arc finishes.
But speaking of pacing, when Gege said...
I'm sad to see Kaedegami so low in the TOC. The action/choreography isn't the strongest, but I think it has made up for it in characterization and character interactions. It has a charm to it that I find hard to deny. The most recent arc has maintained the quality with the new characters too...
I agree. Shinobi Undercover has been really solid. It does hit that weird place that a lot of shonen series have been in where it's trying to decide what the overall genre/vibe of the series is, but despite that, it's navigated its opening arcs very well. It has been a fun ride so far. I'm...
Dude... My jaw hit the floor when I saw the news. Good work, Toriyama. You did well and left a lot of great stories and memories for everyone. One heck of a legacy.
These things are impossible to predict, but what established series currently in Jump right now do you guys think will be around after One Piece's eventual end and be popular enough to be on the front of the group covers instead of Luffy?
The most obvious in my mind are Sakamoto or Akane, but...
Overall, I prefer the 1st one, but the genre of the story can also dictate the type of sudden end the series ends up with. A lot of adventure series can do more of an open "and the adventures continue" type of ending after wrapping up the most recent arc (ie: Barrage, Demon's Plan) as opposed to...
Man, you really can never predict these things. I'm still surprised at Nue and Kill Blue's current success. I honestly didn't think that Cypher Academy would last as long as it has either. It's cool that they're all doing well and we'll see if they can keep it up, but it shows that there really...