Recent content by pina

  1. Other manga starring manga artists?

    Not exactly manga, but Doujin Work is a manga about a girl trying to become a well-known doujinshi artist to make money. It's rather ecchi and humorous.
  2. Shounen Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

    Re: [FINAL] Bakuman 176 Discussion I am disappointed how the series ended so suddenly, and did wish there was more closure, but for me, the series as a whole more than makes up for it. I don't know, it kind of seemed they were bored and wanted to end Bakuman already. I had expected at least...
  3. Your favorite Bakuman moments

    Now that it seems that the series is wrapping up, it's a good time to reflect. What were some of your favorite moments in Bakuman? Takagi throwing the punch to Ishizawa or Aoki slapping Nakai? All the Ashirogi victory cheers? Hiramaru's confession to Aoki? Azuki's live radio interview? Some of...
  4. Shounen Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

    Re: Bakuman 174 Spoiler Thread So shocked that Shiratori, Nanamine and Shizuka make what is likely their last appearances in the manga. It was a nice surprise :)
  5. Shounen Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

    Re: Bakuman 172 Spoiler Thread I was wondering what the "twist" was going to be :) The fact that there was no cliffhanger at the end was also surprising to me, it almost felt too soon and so easy, haha. I enjoyed the "white/black demon" script error as well. I wonder now how things are going to...
  6. Shounen Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

    Re: Bakuman 170 Discussion / 171 Predictions Natara Kanra as the Eiji of the seiyuu world is a good way of putting it, especially as she was the voice actress for Lady Crow! She was introduced very early on in the series and had only appeared once, I didn't think we would see her again. She's...
  7. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 168 Discussion / 169 Predictions Thanks for translating for us, as always Knife. I feel Azuki's radio broadcast confession ranks up there with some of the more powerful moments in Bakuman.
  8. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 167 Spoiler Thread Thanks Knife for doing the summary. Good old meddling Fukuda! I missed him.
  9. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 166 Discussion / 167 Predictions Unfortunately some are, yes. Combined with the wrath of masses on 2ch, I think it can get pretty ugly! I'm actually surprised people here mentioned that the fanbase seems to be going overboard, I would consider overboard being death notes (haha)...
  10. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 165 Spoiler Thread Loved the color pages! I didn't recognize Iwase in the corner there at first. Miho was very cute practicing lines from the Reversi manga -- I loved her expression when Mashiro texts her the news and his expression when she calls XD Thanks saladesu for the...
  11. Discussion How would you like Bakuman to end?

    Aww, the first thread I had commented in this forum! Going back to what I had wished to see, it seems I'll be left hanging ;) Eiji did end a manga, but there really wasn't much more character development with Fukuda or Iwase, and we never saw Shizuka again. Nakai redeeming himself is...
  12. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 162 Spoiler Thread Awesome chapter. I loved the goofy scenes and was especially touched by Mashiro's wish for his friends' happiness, rather than something for himself, like getting married to Azuki that year. My guess right now is if Ashirogi get the anime slot, something will...
  13. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 161 Discussion / 162 Predictions I mentioned Ichiko because I recall some people here believing she would become a recurring character, though I saw her as someone who wouldn't be seen again. Kanra however was given a profile in the Charaman book, and the way she talked admiringly...
  14. Bakuman Vol. 19 (Chapter 161 - 169) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 161 Discussion / 162 Predictions Honestly, I'm with fizban. I didn't think much of Ririka's appearance. Remember Naoi Ichiko? Natara Kanra? No? Ichiko was the attractive, flirty classmate of Mashiro's during that reunion dinner, and Kanra was the cute voice actress for Lady Crow...
  15. Bakuman Vol. 18 (chapter 152 - chapter 160) Discussion

    Re: Bakuman 158 Discussion / 159 Predictions Welcome back! :) Of course there are! ^^; I was more responding in agreement with Knife that Reversi might not be the piece that finally gets an anime though, rather than offering ways the plot could be extended. I don't care how long the story...
Top