Recent content by ratfox

  1. Chapter 340 Discussions [Naruto]

    I consider this chapter to be a dud. What was the situation before? "Naruto's got a new jutsu, he's going to get Kakuzu" What's the situation now? "Naruto's really got a new jutsu, he's really going to get Kakuzu" ...Hmmmm...
  2. Chapter 317 Discussions [Naruto]

    Re: 317 Predictions [Naruto] On the contrary. It seems the two Akatsuki guys we've seen don't know that Naruto has the Kyuubi, and so are looking for elite guys to take down, assuming it must be one of them who has it. That's why we've heard about these fire crests that the head monk and Asuma...
  3. Chapter 316 Discussion [Naruto]

    He seems very gloomy. And all that talk of being a sacrificed pawn... I wonder if this fire crest he has could be a deception to draw attention from somebody else? Or if by being one of these twelve protectors, he has some kind of similar role to a hokage, and so has to sacrifice himself for the...
  4. The ratfox thread

    Okay, I put all my translations in the Naruto Drafts section... I'm as astonished by the number of chapters I've translated as by how the first translations were crappy :sweat
  5. The ratfox thread

    Sorry about not answering sooner... The word they use is 遺産 ("isan"), which according to my dictionary, means "inheritance, bequest". To be precise, the first of the two characters means "bequeath; leave behind; reserve", and the second one means "products; bear; give birth; yield; childbirth...
  6. The ratfox thread

    She doesn't live that far, we see each other every two weeks minimum for the whole week-end. We also phone each other every day or so... For the moment it's all right. In a way, it makes every time we meet special :)
  7. The ratfox thread

    Hmmm... They're funny? Actually, I just like the dancing panda gif very much :) I got the name from HunterXhunter... Near the beginning, it's a kind of monster which can change appearance at will. I didn't think too much about it, though. It's just I needed a coolish name and this one fit :tem...
  8. The ratfox thread

    Simple. harakiri is the japanese reading of 腹切, and seppuku is the chinese reading of 切腹. The proper word is seppuku, so they use it in movies. I don't know why westerners say harakiri, since japanese never do. But it's actually the same thing, like in english "orthograph" means "writing right"...
  9. The ratfox thread

    There are different ways to read shin, one is divine [神], on is new [新], one is true [真] as in Kyoku shin kai. Apparently, in Street Fighter, the shin of Shin Shouryuuken (Ryu) means "true", and the shin from Shinryuuken (ken) means "divine"... For Kyoku Shin Kai it really means true and not...
  10. The ratfox thread

    Busy... I've got nothing taking me lots of time, I just have lots of little somethings taking all of it. Not only work, also World of Warcraft, Japanese lessons, and getting drunk :amuse[br]Posted at: 2006-01-16, 12:32:41_________________________________________________The translation of Kyoku...
  11. The ratfox thread

    Replying every week... sigh. I guess Tae Kwon Do does look cool, unfortunately, I prefered the teaching style of the karate instructor. Anyway, I did Capoeira because it looked cool, and I never got really far... :tem I've heard lots and lots of discussion on whether this was better or that...
  12. The ratfox thread

    Judo, Karate and Capoeira. I've got a black belt in Judo and a brown one in Karate. I haven't done much in Capoeira. I guess I wasn't much suited to it.
  13. The ratfox thread

  14. The ratfox thread

    1. Favorite is... Naruto I guess. I like Shikamaru too, but for different reason. and Kakashi is the coolest, of course :p 2. Ninjutsu. Something like Sai, but with music instead of drawings 3. Role-playing-games, music and martial arts. Less and less martial arts, I don't have the time any...
  15. The ratfox thread

    I bought most of my manga on amazon.co.jp... Unless it's very old, they have everything. They also charge a fixed price for delivery, so you can order 200+ mangas cheap. :amuse I went to Japan with a few guys who are also hooked on anime. They have been going there every two years for like 10...
Top