Even better would be Nao, Yokoya, AND Akiyama on a team. Not because they'd dominate but because they'd bicker, not trust each other, and generally be hilarious.
Interesting question we'll never know the answer to: Did the publishers tell Kaitani that he has to end the series or did he beg to end it? I've long wondered why they put up with the absurd hiatuses when it feels clear that the author just doesn't care anymore.
I know there are a lot of...
The only way the can control how the reader interprets something is through how it is presented in the original text. If they fail at that, they don't get a do over. They can't say you have to interpret X as Y. If they could, SIU could say that you have to read Rachel as a likable character and...
Authors get to write the story. They don't get to control interpretation. They can say what they intend, but the text is canon. If something is not in the text, it is not canon.
Actually, that isn't how it works. What happens on the pages in a story is canon and cannot be discounted even if it is inconsistent with the rest of the story or is bullshit. What the author says outside of that is not. (I can think of a few examples of authors saying some things are true...
You mean a character we haven't seen, much less seen in combat at all? What am I supposed to say about that? The author says I'm wrong, therefore I'm wrong? An author can say whatever the hell they want, but until we see it in action, we can't really comment on how much it makes sense in...
Wave controllers already have hand-to-hand combat techniques to go with their long-range attacks. At low levels I could see using a weapon until you learned enough to defend yourself without one, but that doesn't seem to apply to Baam. (Pretty much every technique in the series is said to take...
It was in an author's note
I see that on the Tower of God wiki, but it doesn't have a citation and I can't remember seeing it mentioned in the series or an author's note.
It is probably safe to assume that the head of every floor is a high ranker.
I can't imagine that the Black Marsh would be...
I took that to be a generational comment since Ha Jinsung has no standing with the Ha family given what he did.
Why would a wave controller use a weapon?
In part 1 when she was trying to retrieve the Black March, Evan strongly dismissed the possibility of them getting into a conflict with Evankhell, the implication being that he could destroy all 6 of them.
Of course, if Yuri was to hypothetically rescue Baam, she wouldn't be facing the top members of FUG; she would be facing whoever happened to be around at the time which is likely Karaka, Ha Jinsung, and possibly Hwa Ryun (if she is even a ranker). We have no idea how she and whoever she brought...
A certain sword stole his heart. (how can any woman compare to the sexiness of the Black March?) Or maybe he has unresolved issues with a certain woman that tried to kill him that are currently preventing him from looking at women that way.