Recent content by Reminiscence

  1. Reminiscence

    Japanese Community - 日本語

    Re: Japanese thread 日本語 二日前ぐらいにニコニコ動画を発見して、Vocaloidの”Just Be Friends",”愛 think so,”と”サイハテ”をはまってるんだよなー。:D まぁ、母はなんかVeohとかを使ってよくドラマを見てるらしいけど、俺自身は見ていないっす。
  2. Reminiscence

    Movies The Movie Thread!

    Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times 1. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds 2. Princess Mononoke 3. Lion King 4. Totoro (Haven't seen it recently, tho..) 5. Land Before Time II. (Well, it'd be at the top of the list by sheer number, maybe around 40 times?.. but I haven't seen it in the last...
  3. Reminiscence

    Politics Japan's reaction to Obama bowing before the Emperor

    If the selected comments are indeed representative of the Japanese culture, then what he did can only be good. What matters is how the spirit of the action is taken, rather than the technicalities, and since Japan seems to be taking it well, it means that there's more respect on both sides...
  4. Reminiscence

    Discussion Japan embraces pedophiles and incests in manga world

    Hrm. Is that an international article translated by some program? Because the grammar in the article seems to be atrocious, leading me to think that the source itself is... of questionable importance. In fact, it sounds like it might be found as a 5th grader's paper in the bible belt or...
  5. Reminiscence

    Other What Is The Longest Time That You've Been Without Shower?

    This, except for my BO. Well,... so far, not yet (only three days w/out) but I'm starting to go longer w/out since I've been in college. So yeah.... I'll probably be setting records for meself soon. 8D
  6. Reminiscence

    School What is your favourite subject?

    Currently I'm enjoying Organic Chem. Concepts >>> memorization.
  7. Reminiscence

    Other Things people find weird about you!

    Most of my friends can't recall me ever being publicly angry/sad/(very)happy... introvert win.
  8. Reminiscence

    Language What Languages do you know?

    English and halfassed Japanese. (Start throwing in technical terms or more advanced terminology, and I'm screwed.) Added
  9. Reminiscence

    Travel Travel in Japan

    Re: Travel to Japan Bullet train is only for long distances, methinks. They're pretty expensive... or at least, maybe that's just 'cause I rode it from I-don't-remember-where to Kyuushuu. JR Trains are the more normal mode of transportation...
  10. Reminiscence

    Hangout Current Favourite J-Song

    At the moment... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQliqHXZoM Was this until a short while ago, tho.
  11. Reminiscence

    Society You're poor! You shouldn't marry!

    This reminds me of a certain discussion I had on another forum about who should be allowed to have children... heh. Although, yeah, it's sort of stupid. Japan needs to do all it can to increase birthrate, no matter what the cost (okay, so maybe not some costs, but frankly, Japan's debt has...
  12. Reminiscence

    Discussion Web comics no laughing matter / Shoddily scanned, translated manga causing headache for publishers

    At this point, the manga publishing comps are pretty much facing the same problems as the media companies, neh? But either way, it's pretty much unstoppable. And either way, you get free marketing. I mean, if I really, really like some songs, I'll go buy the CD. So far I haven't done the...
  13. Reminiscence

    Society Woman illegally downloads 24 songs, fined for 1.9 million dollars

    Lol. By that logic, thieving candy from a store should only get you ten minutes in jail, because that's about how long you'd have to work to make the money to buy it at minimum wage. Or maybe at worst, an hour in jail. Because even 24 hours * 7 dollars per hour = 170 dollars, WAY too expensive...
  14. Reminiscence

    Politics Is Obama worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize?

    Eh, about the bill, even getting the bill this far is quite the feat; many presidents before have tried, and failed. It seems as though Obama's light touch as it pertains to the bill is letting it stay alive, whereas if he tried to force it through... But with that said, I completely agree...
  15. Reminiscence

    Society Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

    I think the idea behind the post is good, and I agree with the concept. However, faith does not exist as an antithesis to logic and science. (Which, ofc, it only does for more conservative brands of most religions) It also provides strong communal bonding, psychological support, and a rigorous...
Top