Recent content by resonator79

  1. Scanning Hires Screentones vs Descreening

    Oh, I forgot to post the scan: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nna7qw433ghhaz/jojo_v29_ch266_p005_scan.png?dl=0 I corrected the outlines, there was a layer on that I thought was off. 4096 https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5xwaphn6gnqzlb/jojo_v29_ch266_p005_eng_4096_v3.png?dl=0 1620 descreened...
  2. Scanning Hires Screentones vs Descreening

    Great suggestions. Thank you! How about these pieces then? One's high- (4096px), one's lower-res (1536px): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki2dl702j4kxrfq/p005_test2_sctns_4096.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5l9doipchpgjp1/p005_test2_descn_1536.png?dl=0 These would be my final versions...
  3. Going Scanner Shopping; Recommendations?

    Don't buy a Canon Lide - at higher resolutions you'll see vertical "lines" going through the scan. I can only guess, but I think the scanning unit itself is constructed out of a number of elements, and that's where they intersect. At least it looks like it. I'd go for an Epson Perfection Photo...
  4. Scanning Hires Screentones vs Descreening

    Trying to educate myself, I've scanned a few pages out of the first Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 book. The edition I've got is really small sized, so I scanned in 1200 dpi. RAW https://www.dropbox.com/s/utsdfp6an3npp4u/jjba_v18_p009_exp.jpg?dl=0 Pre-cleaned, 4096px (iPad display...
  5. Dealing with Screentones drives me nuts - which strategy to follow?

    I see. Thank you for the input. You're right, I've overleveled it quite a bit.
  6. Dealing with Screentones drives me nuts - which strategy to follow?

    I'm trying to scan my Kaiji volumes, and a) I know me way around image processing, but I'm a total noob when it comes to manga, and b) this manga is actually very gritty. Would you keep the screentones intact like here: http://someimage.com/JEZwKZH Or should I rather...
Top