Recent content by Sharikaaria

  1. Sharikaaria

    Question How do I fill this Naruto void?

    Definitely try FMA: Brotherhood if you haven't already seen it. I think it's one of the ultimate anime. It also killed my desire to reach out for most other anime series, because it's hard to top it off. I coped with shounens either ending or going downhill by reaching out for shows that had...
  2. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization @Mangang @nichendrix As far as the usage of "criminal" goes, I think everyone's more or less in agreement. Konoha did bad things, Sasuke did bad things - no one's innocent. The disappointing thing is really how Naruto and...
  3. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization I always found the whole issue of morality and enmity in the Naruto-verse to be very murky. Shinobi aren't marked out as "evil" because they kill - that's their job. They become "evil" when they betray those they serve, which...
  4. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization I meant that post more in jest than anything else. I'm actually agreeing with your prior point - Naruto never thought truly ill of Sasuke, unless you count the moment when he got close to it and broke down into a nervous wreck...
  5. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization Sasuke left Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and the rest of Konoha behind. I don't think anyone should be denied the right to feel pissed off about that. He betrayed the team and broke the trust of his contemporaries and teachers. At the...
  6. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization Lol. When Sasuke attacked the Kages and Kakashi (or whoever) relayed the facts to Naruto.... well, Naruto proceeded to have a nervous breakdown. He might actually have come close to considering thinking ill of Sasuke.
  7. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization Fair point. Your last statement about being overshadowed by his father just made me realize something. Personally, I have a really high-achieving dad and I happened to aim for a similar type of career. Somehow, there was no drama...
  8. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization I think I like Itamachi's idea - that Kishi could have used the opportunity to be creative and given Bolt a new kekkei genkai due to his interesting genetic combo, as opposed to a higher number of abilities than we generally see in...
  9. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization Well, I don't want to start another big war over Bolt's powers. But when you put things in perspective and look at where we began, we've come a long way since having even one kekkei genkai looked impressive and manipulation of just...
  10. Sharikaaria

    Discussion Boruto : Movie Novelization

    Re: Prologue and First Chapter of Boruto : Movie Novelization If this is real, which I suppose it is because the translator put a link up for buying the novel online, then Bolt is indeed OP. Oh well. I think I'm over it now. Have we ever seen Hinata use either fire or lightning? I'm not...
  11. Sharikaaria

    Movie Boruto: Naruto the Movie

    Well, you're talking about the same movie in which Naruto and Hinata are flying in the air and kissing, so far-fetched things will happen. I wouldn't take anything about the jutsus too literally, or think about them too hard... chidori included. Truth be told, I never caught onto the dynamics...
  12. Sharikaaria

    Movie Boruto: Naruto the Movie

    @ nichendrix Don't get me wrong - Hinata and Sakura were on completely different levels of one-sided infatuation, but there are parallels. Girl pines for guy, stalks guy, guy doesn't care, one day a light switches in guy's head, and bam, they're together with babies. There isn't much wrong...
  13. Sharikaaria

    Discussion New Generation

    A lot of the kids from main characters seem to be appealing because they remind us of their parents, but if you don't look at that, then there isn't much left to them. Sarada has some potential to be intriguing, maybe. Asuma's kid has an interesting set of circumstances - one of his ancestors...
  14. Sharikaaria

    Movie Boruto: Naruto the Movie

    I like the idea of an OVA or mini-series. If Kishi's spending extra time, we can at least bet on either of those. As for a whole part 3, the idea somehow feels weird to me. Some of the best series ever remained at their calibre because they only extended for as long as they needed to. Just look...
  15. Sharikaaria

    Movie Boruto: Naruto the Movie

    This hits the nail on the head. My main gripe with the last couple Naruto movies is that the characters don't feel like themselves. I'm not going to entertain any counterarguments from people about certain things working because of X, Y, Z in the plot. If I've read the entire manga front to back...
Top