Recent content by Shelter

  1. Shelter

    Hello Gooral, I was just browsing through Claymore stuff from MH & Animesuki. You still talk or...

    Hello Gooral, I was just browsing through Claymore stuff from MH & Animesuki. You still talk or read Claymore? (This is Shelter from Animesuki, btw.)
  2. Shelter

    Chapter Claymore 155 Discussion

    Reading the final chapter of Claymore prompted me to return to this forum to see how everyone's reacting. Glad to see that the chapter's well-received. What an ending! There're are so many things that remain unresolved. The pessimist in me wishes that the ending could've been a bit more...
  3. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    Nice short piece, but a little too modern for anything I'm planning, I'm afraid. Did you have in mind some modern-day detective AU? Since I haven't seen a lot of good ones, you could win some readers over.
  4. Shelter

    Chapter Claymore 141 Discussion / 142 Predictions

    Re: Claymore 141 Spoiler Thread Really love Europa's unique abilities. She seems specifically built for urban warfare or fighting in tight corners. Also, kudos to Gene and his gang at TSS for coming out with the translations and chapters. Now I can brush up on my Mandarin.
  5. Shelter

    Chapter Claymore 141 Discussion / 142 Predictions

    Re: Claymore 141 Spoiler Thread Tantalising. But I don't like the idea that a not-so-strong human male character like Raki's the red herring for the entire Claymore universe. It seems a bit of a letdown that, with all the female warriors fighting, a human guy holds the key to the story's...
  6. Shelter

    Question Who do you think will die next?

    I doubt Yagi's going to kill anyone. The tone of the story has changed, and there's too much invested in the characters after so much we've seen of them. If any character is to be killed, they'll most likely be minor characters, the nameless ones who are defending Rabona or the more forgettable...
  7. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    Dany, I read till the 2nd chapter before I realised: "ohh, it's a parody." And yes, you mentioned it, but it took me a while. You're the master of fics with authorial intrusion, and after all these years you still do in ever so obviously, without apology. I like that your author is always...
  8. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    This is a great idea. May I use this - or some variation of this - for a future project?
  9. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    I get what you mean. The first chapter had a lot of unexplained things. But being prompted by reviewers I thought it would be better to dive into the backstory and settle the relationships. Re-reading it again, it seems like I may have given too much emphasis on the relationships among the...
  10. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    This is the second chapter for the fic that Shiek and Dany have asked me to write. It's a month late, so I hope you'll some time to read it. I apologise in advance for any errors in grammar or canon. This is the first unedited draft. You guys wanted dark, so this is as dark as it gets...
  11. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    Oh no. Thanks for spotting that. It was originally from the scene between Raki & Riful, but I edited it out. Can't wait for your outtake, Dany :) Edit: in other news, I did some changes to this story that I posted...
  12. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    Hi Shiek, thanks for your comments. Let me address several things that you've mentioned. As I've mentioned to Dany, I find it quite difficult to put Riful and Raki together in the same story, or to string a coherent narrative thread. I had a lot of reservations writing this, and had the...
  13. Shelter

    Discussion If they made a Claymore movie

    My personal problem with all these Naruto, Bleach and One Piece spin-offs/ OVAs is that they assume you know the entire universe of the anime. They treat viewers as longtime Naruto/Bleach/One Piece fans and start a story from there. They're not so much standalone movies; I feel they're more like...
  14. Shelter

    Discussion If they made a Claymore movie

    Claymore suffers from having too many characters coming and going. If there was a portion of the Claymore narrative that could fit cleanly into a movie script, it would be everything from Clare's arrival in Raki's town to their eventual separation. It explains all the basic principles of yoma...
  15. Shelter

    Hangout Claymore Fanfiction Thread!

    I have to reread the latest chapters of the manga (last year or so) for me to fully grasp what's going between Roxanne & Cassandra, and to get some idea of Chronos and Lars' characters. From what I know, there aren't any stories on these characters yet, simply because they've been introduced so...
Top