After finishing Dragon Quest’s new anime, I can confidently say it’s one of my favorite Shonen Jump series of all time. Such a joy ride, fun to watch every week and Pop’s the GOAT character.
I’ve been wandering for a while now, are the new Viz releases for Dragon Quest censored? It’s rated A...
Not official yet but apparently Bleach won’t be simulcast. For the sake of common sense and as someone who has waited 10 years, I really hope this isn’t true.
I don’t believe Bleach was brought back as a token of respect. Did sales decline, of course and it’s undeniable. However, we are not in the same era anymore as the original anime ended 10 years ago.
Streaming services are bigger than ever and there is serious money to be made globally from...
We get about 30-35 chapters of ONE PIECE per year (due to breaks). Five years of content at best is about 175 chapters. Wano alone is already 136 chapters and isn’t over.
The five years idea may appear to make sense but when you look at the amount of chapters we get yearly, it’s still...
History is repeating itself, 3 series that began serialization within 4 years of each other going on to have over 100 million in print.
•Fist of the North Star (1983) at 100 million / Dragon Ball (1984) at 260 million / JoJo (1987) at 120 million
•One Piece (1997) at 490 million / Naruto...
I’m going to branch out from just taking about Demon Slayer and apply this topic to canon movies in general, they are pointless.
If the argument is that some fans will be left in the dark, then that’s the same thing as expecting a retelling before each canon movie even releases. Why should I...
Flash forward to 2021 and Shueisha are now saying Dragon Ball has 260 million in print. I remember that figure was used when the new film got officially announced. Now I’m wandering where the 350 million came from.
I think we all know why Viz never licensed Beelzebub ……….
It’s still sad that Reborn and Gintama may never get full releases because of there first run.
One Piece sales were actually 38 million in 2011, does JJK have the legs to reach or exceed that?
I still think it is strange that monsters like Demon Slayer and JJK have made 6 million look basic (MHA is doing fine).
It’s karma from all the years where a select group of One Piece fans would look down on other series just because of its superior sales. I’m a fan of One Piece but the Reddit got unbearable at one point because of issues like this.
On another note, the Demon Slayer movie came out in the UK this...
Well.... I think this all but confirms that Pierrot are going to animate Bleach TYBW. I believe this is the first time they have acknowledged the 20th anniversary publicly and look at the hashtags.
What is everyone’s prediction for end of year circulations for Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen?
Demon Slayer: I’m going with 200 million in print and it’s crazy that I think this is a lowball estimate. The staying power of this series sales has proven itself and to top it off season two is...