Recent content by shinraiden

  1. shinraiden

    Archived The Hang Out Thread

    Um, MySQL is the database backend for lots of different types of forums. Using the MySQL admin tools allows you to directly dump and edit the database, as well as backup and restore to a remote location, often far more effectively than you could with whatever tools are built into the forums...
  2. shinraiden

    Archived The Hang Out Thread

    The biggest complication I think for Mod's is maintaining a proper attitude across their boards and other boards. On the forums I run as part of my work, I'm the full uber-admin with rights to arbitrarily slap down full serverhost-level IP netblock bans, and report them to my boss later if I...
  3. shinraiden

    Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

    Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread I'm one of the lead developers for Virtual Battlespace Systems, the military training port of Operation Flashpoint. I do enjoy some RTS's, but more along the mammoth long-slogging scale of Total Annihiliation. Starcraft/W2/W3 are all...
  4. shinraiden

    MH 25 or 50 Things About Yourself Discussion Thread

    Re: 25 or 50 Things About Yourself: Discussion Thread Sorry, I forgot about this thread. (GK) @ shinraiden: My perverse hobby while there was studying train schedules. I was allways going off to the boonies or other silly places gaijin's don't go alone, and winging out of the train...
  5. shinraiden

    The Yondaime Mega Convo

    You know what, I got a really crazy theory I know you'll all love. Seeing as how this is all about Naruto, and whether he wants to repeat the dead end road of the past or forge his own path, the whole series could move along just fine without ever talking about Yondaime or Naruto's family. Think...
  6. shinraiden

    Life 25 or 50 Things About Yourself...

    01 . Male, 24.9, high-risk age range for medical malfunctions and derangement 02 . Working on a BS in CS, amusing how that fits 03 . Spent several years in Japan, mainly in the boonies and tambo's. 04 . Learned Japanese mainly through serious study and roujin kaiwa 05 . manga is strictly a side...
  7. shinraiden

    Jutsu Discussion Mega Convo Thread

    Re: Gaara Question I was posting more of a retorical question going back to the fundamentals of jutsu. Does the user manipulate the elements, or can they only 'touch' chakara with elements collided or suspended in chakara? At any rate, as long as Gaara still has chakara potential there is...
  8. shinraiden

    Jutsu Discussion Mega Convo Thread

    Re: Gaara Question Q : Does Gaara control the sand, or does he flood some sand with chakara and manipulate the chakara?
  9. shinraiden

    Jutsu Discussion Mega Convo Thread

    Jutsu Discussion Thread Ok, this was going to be originally a reply-musing to the locked Gaara jutsu thread, but it's more encompassing than that. Let's start with the some theory via cross-over analogy, for that I cite 1337 Master Yoda. When Luke tried to brute force the Force to extract his...
  10. shinraiden

    Chapter 290 Discussion [Naruto]

    Re: 290 Discussions (Translations out) Sakura and Naruto can't hear anything... IT'S A TRAP! Kabuto said the mind-control wore off, and there's no way Yamato could have or would have faked it. So Kabuto's saying "j00 pwn3d f00". Orochimaru's got the whole mess set up to backstab Sasori to...
  11. shinraiden

    Chapter 284 Discussion [Naruto]

    Re: 284 Predictions :spaz :spaz :spaz So, IP ban's for anyone posting unprocessed babelphished distranscombobulations? I've been soooo busy lately, no time at all for predictions. :'(
Top