Recent content by Shokkii

  1. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

    Reading about everyone's first batches while rarely commenting in the thread sent me down memory lane. I first got into magazines as a kid, completely mind-blown by everything happening in Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Reborn during the late 2000s. I would watch, discover, and read about them...
  2. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

    I badly want a new anime for Eyeshield and Reborn. They actually started publishing Eyeshield here in Germany for the first time last October. It was so nice to see Eyeshield between all the new hyped and popular volume releases that are getting translated a few months after the Japan release.
  3. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    It's a standalone story with a few trademarks that remember the video games, but you don't need any prerequisite knowledge. The same goes for the game series every DQ is its own thing besides the first 3 games for the NES.
  4. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    I love to see it. I think it's really interesting how much younger people seem to love some of those adaptations even though they are from a completely different time era. I dream of a full Rokudenashi Blues and Rookies adaptation.
  5. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    I really wonder what One Piece's conclusion is going to look like in the magazine. Naruto's final chapter in the magazine is an all time favorite issue for me. Two chapters one with regular color pages + the last one being in full color. I still remember vividly Naruto being on the cover page...
  6. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

    Even at the cost of my country I hope this can inspire more newcomers to write football spokon in the future...
  7. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I hope Tokyo Demon Bride can keep it up. Seeing One Piece and Hunter x Hunter in late 2022 next to each other makes me so happy.
  8. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    We might have with Ruri Dragon. We don't have digital sales data and they have been going up substantially in the last 10 years.
  9. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    I liked the art of Tokyo Demon Bride a lot. The color pages were really cool. The story was pretty generic first chapter stuff.
  10. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Didn't digital manga surpassed physical a few years ago.
  11. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2022) - News and Discussion

    Wow those numbers are huge. Not gonna lie every time I am in France I get jealous because they have so much more Manga and Anime releases. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw one shop having all volumes of Rookies.
  12. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Happy to see everyone is back the last time we had Black Clover, One Piece, BnHA, JJK and Dr. Stone in one issue was TOC 27.
  13. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Chimera Ant - Hunter x Hunter Arrancar - Bleach Brazil vs. Japan - Captain Tsubasa: World Youth Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable - JoJo Part 4 Orphanage/first arc - The Promised Neverland
  14. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    I always thought one of the reasons people love One Piece so much is that everything is connected with each other on some type of level. I feel like that is a problem with a lot of 20+ volume manga but it's also part of the appeal I guess. To be fair Gege and Horikoshi grow up idolizing the big...
  15. Shokkii

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    It easily surpassed Bleach with digital sales
Top