Recent content by ssjohn

  1. News VIZ One Piece plus licensing announcements

    This is awesome news, its not really shocking after the announcement that the latest chapters will be coming in SJ, but its good news and I look forward to reading it :) But here is my problem with it, if they are going to be doing the 'latest chapters' they are still going to be volumes behind...
  2. Shounen Death Note by Ohba Sugumi & Obata Takeshi

    I don't feel that way at all, its not over the top marketed, and the fact that he series is popular means they 'should' do market it, and should release whatever they could. The Death Note Movie from Ryuk's perspective aired in japan after the final episode on t.v. The Novels and stuff are...
  3. Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

    Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro Thanks Kewl! thats really interesting, i mean i know its Wikipedia but its still interesting, thanks for taking the time to translate it :)
  4. Discussion Where do YOU go to read your manga?

    Onemanga (I know it has issues, but hey at least the images are bigger then they were when OM launched) Mangahelpers (occasionally for scans, more to check out raws) Mangafox (very rarely, but still check it out now and again)
  5. Discussion My first manga was...and why

    Re: My first manga was... For me it was either Gundam Wing or Pokemon, both were single chapter 'issues' and both were 'flipped'. I didn't 'really' get into manga until a few years later when i checked out Shonen Jump, as soon as i started reading that I started getting into Edited Mangas :)
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shounen Mag by Shogakukan) Hyde's ending is an end of an era, even if the series wasn't 'big' it was big for MH/ well this topic LOL. When does CG return? I am starting to go threw withdrawals lol
  7. Shounen Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

    Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi I recently got into this series and i instantly fell in love, the characters are heartfelt and its an amazing story from the get go. It is one of the few manga series I look forward to reading week after week. With that said i didn't really...
  8. Shounen Cross Game By Mitsuru Adachi

    Welcome to the Cross GameInfo and Index Thread! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cross Game SHORT-INFO ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Title: Cross Game...
  9. Shounen Beet the Vandel Buster by Sanjo Riku & Inada Koji

    Have we heard anything on the status of Beet? Or the mangaka's ?
  10. Shounen 666 Satan by Kishimoto Seishi v2

    Wow I am shocked it took that long for the final volume to be released. Has anyone here read the Viz version (O-part hunters) ? If so how is the translations / overall quality?
  11. TV The How I Met Your Mother Thread

    Okay now I am all caught up. YAYYYYYYYYY. So what did you guys think about the finale? Anyways i can't wait for the fall to get here :)
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha)

    Re: Weekly Shounen Magazine (Shounen Mag by Kodansha) Hajime will last forever, and ever and ever, or well until the author decides he wants to stop lol. Fairy Tale i expect to do the same (keep going until the author finishes telling his story.) Question: Was Rave axed? Or was it the...
  13. TV The Television Show Thread

    Re: The Television Show Thread! There isn't a return date for Heroes yet, but when it returns it will have only 18-20 episodes this season ;-(.
  14. Discussion Can u read manga in a Kindle 2?

    I just thought I would add that there is now legal 'Kindle' versions of some manga titles available. So support your favorite author if possible! *Cough* There good (manga related) deed for the day is done lol *cough*
  15. Discussion Hunter x Hunter Hangout [00]

    Re: Hunter x Hunter by Togashi Yoshihiro I am starting to really fall out of love with Hunter x Hunter, and that is really sad, I mean HXH was (IMO) the BEST Jump series for awhile, and then the Ant arc started and all of the breaks and I really feel as if HXH should have just ended with GI :(...
Top