Recent content by StrangerAtaru

  1. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

    Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) Trying a little experiment: a friend of mine who's a huge Weekly Shonen Sunday follower has found a website that updates every week with official (as in officially from Shogakukan) with the ranks from one of the other shonen magazine. Maybe get a bit more...
  2. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha) - Part 1

    Weekly Shounen Magazine (Kodansha) Well I really was never going to do this one too...but with Sunday and Jump with talkbacks and a new initiative at Ritual regarding them, I decided to try a talkback for the third and final of the shonen big 3: Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. Hopefully it...
  3. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan)

    Trying a little experiment: a friend of mine who's a huge Weekly Shonen Sunday follower has found a website that updates every week with official (as in officially from Shogakukan) with the ranks from one of the other shonen magazine. Maybe get a bit more interest for them and study their...
  4. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I think it may sound simple but its obvious partially: in the West, Japanese things are just more exotic and interesting. That pretty much explains Naruto and Bleach (and stuff like Kenshin) in a nutshell. OP is incredible but...
  5. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011 - 2012] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 2 I've been really out of it for a while, basically only read a few things on Mangareader anymore being so out of the manga scene. (in regards to manga/anime, I'm only now getting more interested in OP due to Oda actually revealing...
  6. StrangerAtaru

    StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

    I'm just so shocked how many people want me to do KochiKame lately; I wish I could if I had the time but sometimes life just gets in the way. (well that...and I really, really want to finish Nube first)
  7. StrangerAtaru

    StrangerAtaru's Thread of...Stuff

    KochiKame was mostly just a thing I wanted to try out. I was hoping to go back and forth between that and another series but it didn't work: it ruined my flow. With how massive KochiKame is, I just didn't feel like it was something I could just do start-to-finish in one go. Thus I stopped to...
  8. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Viz's idea of a web-based nearly close to the magazine Jump isn't too bad an idea...too bad it just feels like it's coming way too late in the game. I agree with the whole lack of Gintama that was brought up, but I also have to just say that this really should have come while people probably...
  9. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Been a weird few days preventing me from commenting...but Sket getting first is a nice surprise. Been a while since a pure gag series has taken tops, so congrats to it. And...yeah, Enigma did make a year but it's pretty much dead now. Too bad, sort of discounting the entire '10 class with it...
  10. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Pretty good ToC this week in my head. I don't mind Bleach being a more "middling" series actually considering it just feels right there. That way it isn't in the top and it won't piss off it's fans for being in the bottom tier. Do like though that we have Sket and Medaka in the top five...
  11. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Happy for the new anime: Medaka is long overdue and Kuroko...well Jump got a sports series to the anime, so at least it can finally be quiet for a while about trying to keep one in the magazine. Ranks...meh. Bleach was expected but sadly I sort of wished the fanbase continued to rebel...
  12. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Wow, a Wingman pic by Oda? Great he remembered that series...any other pics from that? (sorry I'm so behind on this...)
  13. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Interesting ToC, mostly because of the performance of Harusegawa and moreso of the sudden boost for Kuroko. Otherwise, not really too much to say other than...well, I sort of hope Oda starts moving a bit with this current arc and get to the climax (well he is but...) but considering where...
  14. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Harusagawa doing so well...it really doesn't surprise me probably due to two factors: no real romance manga in the magazine currently and Kano's track record. (starting strong then collapsing later; I know Mx0 did that but I think I heard Pretty Face did too) Naruto...I think this was about...
  15. StrangerAtaru

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I know that Bleach sadly will never stay in the bottom five but...I sort of hope it stays middling at least for the rest of it's run. That's enough to keep it going to please the fans but not strong enough to really challenge the series that deserve to be high for consistant quality. (or...
Top