Recent content by Support

  1. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Finally had a look at full drive, so far my impression: Maybe it's a translation thing, but I found the whole chapter super choppy. We jumped from the hero being bullied as a kid and being taught table tennis in order to take pride in himself or something, then Boom! Four years passed...
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Another soccer manga? It felt like just yesterday when ole golazo was cancelled, and I really liked that one. It had dynamic artwork, appealing characters and an interesting premise with an ex fighter turning into a football player. What more do you need? In other words...I have no clue what...
  3. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I think it's fine if a character can't be interchangable gender wise. What matters to me is whether they are still appealing and not a token "x" character I have a simple test for a female character in shonen to see whether they are written simply as the token female character in a group...
  4. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I like the video because of how he briefly reviewed some of the manga series and i agreed with most of his analysis on them. I'm less harsh on hungry marie though because I felt it had some more natural charm than others such as Poro which felt a bit try-hard with its cutesy graphics. I was...
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I really like the videos that super eyepatch wolf makes, the latest one is on shonen jump and I think is worth a watch:
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Loving that cover: We shall break iron chains.. THROUGH SHEER WILLPOWER AND NOTHING ELSE
  7. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I think Mecha manga is a big enough genre to cycle around again in popularity. It's kind of like how I'm hoping that KnY's fledgling popularity is an indication that there may be a mini revival of historical stories with heart and a touch of sadness, like rurouni kenshin in the 90s. I don't...
  8. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Dr Stone still feels weird tonally to me. Super realistic scientific concepts with over the top characters make a unique combination. I'm finding the characters way too outlandish for my tastes though . I can see why the author wrote them that way though, if they were too realistic then this...
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Wait so there has been 2 rankings already? There's too much chat around here for me to notice. This forum has way more activity than expected when jump only comes out once a week It's a shame Poro isn't doing too well this week, it has that stupid straight faced humour that I like. But have to...
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I'm still really liking R&L too. I like the way they dropped in the golf terminology, as how they teach the sport is generally how I get hooked into sport series. Too much terminology and you might as well get a book, too little and there's literally no reason for it to be a golf or whatever...
Top