Recent content by Tanne

  1. Tanne

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Need Some Help With an Artist's Website Yeah, that didn't help me one bit.
  2. Tanne

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Need Some Help With an Artist's Website This artist named Kanao has a website I very much would like to visit: But I can't get it to work. You're supposed to put in a username and password to enter, but I can't figure out the clues the website gives for what they are (press Ctrl + A to see the...
  3. Tanne

    Cuisine Looking For Bentou Websites and How To's

    Thank you. And I don't actually mind reading Japanese. I know, what a weirdo am I? :p
  4. Tanne

    Cuisine Looking For Bentou Websites and How To's

    I'm a Japanology student, I eat out frequently day and like almost every Westerner I need to eat more healthy things. So I thought I'd follow the thread of logic and learn how to make bentou! Any master chefs here who can link me to helpful websites and blogs? In any language, but preferably...
  5. Tanne

    Discussion What is the best way to learn Japanese ?

    If you are a complete beginner, learn hiragana and katakana before you do anything else, and learn them well. That should really be your first step. If you can't get a class in RL, I'd recommend the website Textfugu. Sadly it has a price, but I tell you, it's absolutely not a scam (like Rosetta...
  6. Tanne

    Student of Japanese here to get some practice

    Thanks for the links and the kind words. I'm already in the middle of translating something, so hopefully I'll be contributing something soon.
  7. Tanne

    Student of Japanese here to get some practice

    So my name is Tanne, I'm a 22-year-old student of languages, English, German and Japanese in particular, and translating is just what I do. Back when I was 10, I liked acquiring English language comics (specifically Pokémon manga) and translate them into German. I kept adding more languages...
Top