Recent content by Tanuki-dono

  1. Tanuki-dono

    MangaMagazine.net - Vampire Fetish, Land of Lions, Two Keys, S-I-N, etc.

    I think there are some fantastic reads here: MangaMagazine.net * Best part is that it updates monthly! I think many of these are well worth a look. I stumbled across it on MangaFox and I haven't looked back since. Some heavy hitters here: Vampire Fetish, Land of Lions, S-I-N, Novus...
  2. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion The simple answer is yes. Valuing yourself is more complex than that and involves responsible decision-making - not throwing yourself into the fire. I have full confidence Naruto will find that balance. :)
  3. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion He hasn't said "penis" in a while, and I know plenty of guys who fixate on that and aren't gay. In HS, I got really tired of hearing the guys talk about....what "shapes" they could make. It's not clay! ^^;
  4. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion Sai has a more stable and consistent character growth than Hinata, so I don't discount a "sudden explosion" of last-minute character growth. EDIT: Delbi, your sig says enough. :D Ahahaha! As for Danzou, he is interesting. The verdict is still out. I don't...
  5. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion Ah, the martyrdom makes sense now, Gumbert! Naruto = Jesus. Church of Naruto...yeah. [laughs] It'd be okay if Sai was gay, Wouldn't make him less of a friend. Don't be so short-sighted. :) EDIT: Ah, crap. I can't believe I had to resort to automerge. I'm...
  6. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion I like his shirt...in the manga anyway. In the anime, he's a dinky noodle. Abs disappeared...boo. I get where you're coming from through. I hate all the boobs in Bleach, for example. It's annoying. Cover up, I wanna say! As for the danger of Danzou, I see it...
  7. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion I would have never thought I'd be so fond of a character whose design is so...bizarre. Now, I would be heartbroken if he died. :D
  8. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion @ Moon Stricken: I'm sure it was a combination. Care is there, but concern for his decision being extreme as well. I agree wholeheartedly, but I don't think he's found that balance just yet. To me, at present, he's swaying into martyrdom territory.
  9. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion Hmmm. I think Sai intervened because he disagreed with Naruto "going so far for someone like Sasuke." Thus: the psychology of Naruto's approach. It's not to say he disrespects it, it is to say it toes the line. Significance: Sai is not simply going along with...
  10. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion Yes, this is true. It does play into the care model required for the ideal Hokage. Doesn't make it particularly healthy. It's a bit sad, to put a condition on your worth. "People must acknowledge me...[for me to be worthy]." This psychology is a natural...
  11. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion I think even Sai was a little perturbed by the level of it, though. It's admirable, but a bit saint-like and desperate. Naruto has always had trouble with self-confidence and self-worth. I think, considering his background, it's quite significant. Self-worth...
  12. Tanuki-dono

    Naruto Volume 49 (Ch. 545-463) Discussion

    Re: Naruto 455 Spoiler Discussion Response to Spoilers: Chiming in for the first in a long time. Is anyone else disturbed by Naruto's self-sacrificing martyrdom? He's been so thoughtful and submissive lately. Where's my aggressive knucklehead? Experience can be traumatic, I suppose, when you...
  13. Tanuki-dono

    Discussion The Official Haruno Sakura thread

    Oh, yeah. I'm not saying I think it will happen indefinitely. The fact that Kabuto has that...parasite on him pretty much swings the tables upside down and makes the plot require intervention of another character, since I think we'll see another wild card including Orochimaru's power in some...
  14. Tanuki-dono

    Discussion The Official Haruno Sakura thread

    I think Kabuto would be a formidable opponent, especially with his new...stellar instability. It would be a perfect time for Sakura to shine, and I would love the back-and-forth dialogue. It makes sense plot-wise, but Kishimito has had a difficult time lately stringing the story along in such a...
  15. Tanuki-dono

    Anime Shippuuden Filler Mega Convo Thread

    Re: Naruto Shippuden Ep. 109 fillers to end? Yeah, and some of us are atheists, and cults offend us - you don't see us complaining. Not trying to step on your toes, but it's too public of a forum to get "offended" over stuff like that. These fillers will be over soon. Some of the filler...
Top