i think comparing it to decade-old 700 chapter mangas is exactly the problem. This isnt meant to be a long term, world building, ultra depthful experience.
Its a shorter, incredibly interesting story with characters that phase in and out of life in a war over humanity's imminent extinction...
I think the premise of JJK that makes it interesting compared to other mangas is precisely this.
We're not getting paragraphs of explanations and basically having everything interpreted for us. Gege (intentionally or unintentionally) is leaving it to our imaginations. Which is one of the...
hey anyone remember when exactly in the manga they explain how hell works ? the whole if a devil dies on earth it goes to hell and vice versa ? cant seem to find it
I wonder if Annie would uncrystallize herself if Armin rescued her while in Colossal Titan form ?
She would think it's Bertholdt, until he un-titanizes and reveals himself and explains everything.
I cried reading this last chapter. Such a beautiful ending. Definitely some loose ends (wtf Akira/Amon, Eto, prob more) but beautiful.
Some people are forgetting that this isn't *their* novel so they shouldn't be acting ridiculous that it didn't end exactly how they wanted it to.
Pleasure...
Beautiful monologue the past 2 chapters, can't wait to see how this ends.
Rize is technically undead and even possibly not the real Rize in this state, so Kaneki saving her and putting her to rest is my best guess for the climax.
Hoping Ayato is safe, would be such an unnecessary offscreen...
I bet the new announcement next week will be the end of re: and the start of it's next phase.
I personally love Eto coming back no matter how crazy it seems for a ghoul to regenerate a whole head after having it cut off for an unknown period of time.
I think she knows the "creativity" secret...
Donato mentioned being passed the Crown? I wonder if Roma gave him leadership or if it was someone else? Cool death, the fight was a little boring but it was insinuated by Takizawa that during the battle Amon had several chances to win and that they were if anything barely actually "fighting"...
Yomo lightning vs Uta / Mutsuki : (for anyone questioning why Mutsuki survived while Uta may be dead)
Uta was impaled by a presumably metal point of a building, and hit with a far more powerful direct bolt of lightning. The location of that impaling also looked like it could be where his kagune...
I can't believe Kaneki is leaving Ayato there when they could technically just escape together instead. Why not use their speed to gtfo while switching off with their kagune to defend? Does anyone else feel like after these repeated realizations of him having to save people / not act alone this...
So V is called Vasuki in this chapter and I think that came up earlier too. In Hindu myth Vasuki is Shiva's serpent. Interesting lore and coorelation to read about.
I expect someone to come and save Yusa/Hirako/etc from V but not sure who. I wonder if this Owl's explosion will turn them all into...
Ugh still so disturbed by the fact Kaneki is marching out with only Ayato towards a location probably even worse than fighting a zombie Eto. Sort of sad they let her become a Clown slave. They beheaded her :*(
Does he ever learn ? FFS
So Donato can use his kagune to both clone himself to some...
Interesting to note that the ghoul talking about eyes near the first V panel may be a normal human that has turned into a ghoul.
This can foreshadow the origin of ghouls, perhaps they are normal humans that became infected by the first alien Dragon or something ?
Making the One Eyed King and...
So after three slow chapters inside Kaneki's mind (and potentially a fourth, as he swims) we still have no idea how Rize went from Yomo's care to Furuta/CCG hands. Maybe it'll be explained but in my opinion thats a weird loophole to let exist at this point in the manga. I wonder if she's still...
Seems like the Dragon's presence is causing unity in all different types of dramatic ways, first with Hirako/Ui and then CCG/Ghouls, also killed off Kanou and is now seen observing the ending of Mutsuki's arguable psychosis. While still producing those kagune demons, it seems Kaneki's eyes are...