Recent content by TitaNick

  1. TitaNick

    Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 53 Discussion

    Re: Grisha Ehhh... I wouldn't trust Bert and Reiny any further than I could throw them in their titan forms. And I don't remember when they said that anyhow, so could you point me at a page? Annie's dad asked her to return to him some day, so that doesn't sound like a case of familial...
  2. TitaNick

    Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 53 Discussion

    Re: Grisha Based on ...? To me that seems like a big jump to reach that conclusion. We know he's upset about something, that his dad did something to him that he doesn't quite remember and that it involved injections that messed with his memories. Apparently Eren seemed to be remembering...
  3. TitaNick

    Question Canned food in SnK universe?

    FWIW I Googled "herring" and it's not so much a species as a classification of edible coastal fish, basically a term fisherman use for generic fish. So, considering the translation issues from Japanese to English, I think it's possible that Isayama just kind of meant "canned fish" without...
  4. TitaNick

    Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 52 Spoiler Discussion You say that like it's a bad thing. I agree that I don't want the plot to be very similar, but if it continues to have that same air of uncertainty and dread I'd be very happy.
  5. TitaNick

    Discussion Levi's new second in command

    In the original Special Ops Squad, Eld Gin was the one member seen to act as Levi's second in command. With the formation of the new squad, who do you think should be tapped for that responsibility?
  6. TitaNick

    Theory What are titans made of?

    It sure ain't sugar and spice and everything nice, so what exactly is this miracle substance that makes up everything from titan blood to the walls? I don't expect that Isayama will get really hard-core science-fictiony on this subject. For one thing, our characters don't exactly have...
  7. TitaNick

    Discussion Shingeki no Kyojin online video game!

    I'm really looking forward to seeing how Eren works as part of a team. There are a couple of groups that have made team videos, and I hope some of them show us what that looks like. IMO, I think there should be a limit of one Eren on a team. I'm sure some immature players would find that...
  8. TitaNick

    Info Real-world version of Shiganshina District found

    I searched and haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but it seems a Japanese TV show has identified the real-world inspiration for the walled cities. I found this video on my Tumblr this morning. It's the town of Nördlingen, Germany, seen here on Google Maps. German laws are very strict about...
  9. TitaNick

    Question If Irwin loses command who should replace him?

    While I don't think Irwin's command is in jeopardy, I do think Hange is the obvious choice to replace him. While she has her eccentricities, they are based on her passion for knowledge to solve the titan problem and not just being weird. She's also a tough-as-nails commanding officer with an...
  10. TitaNick

    Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 50 Discussion / 51 Predictions

    So, is Eren now able to like summon titans to fight for him? Is that what I just saw? Titans that will eat other titans he targets? I'm suddenly reminded of the end of "Matrix Reloaded" where Neo just got a bunch of new powers. It's certainly a different spin on what he's been able to do, and I...
  11. TitaNick

    Multi Season Shingeki no Kyojin

    No printed work is treated as a sacred text when it's translated to film/video/TV. Not even the freaking Bible. So changes are going to be made to suit: The new medium. The director's own artistic vision. Misc. business concerns. In this case the changes made were almost all relatively...
  12. TitaNick

    Multi Season Shingeki no Kyojin

    It's not really an opinion thing in this case though. For the finale they need to have the most powerful, audience-grabbing, "I'm so excited, but WTF-is-gonna-happen-next" lead-in possible. And that would be the first blow of what looks to be the final battle, and the way they chose to stretch...
  13. TitaNick

    Multi Season Shingeki no Kyojin

    I approve of the extension of Eren's crisis of indecision for two reasons. I think the filler action and character bits were handled extremely well. I liked Hanji's taunting of Annie because I imagine she holds something of a grudge over the loss of Sawney and Bean, and I believe she was eager...
  14. TitaNick

    Art Shingeki no Kyojin FanArt Thread

    Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread Holy shit. Eren, quit monologuing and get out!
Top