Recent content by tokyogodfather

  1. tokyogodfather

    Chapter One Piece 574 Discussion / 575 Prediction

    Common predictions that I think will be proven false: - Akainu will die?: doubtful. He's too juicy of a villain to kill off now. Leaving him alive is good storytelling. The remaining pirates take revenge on lots of marines?: also doubtful. WB told them "leave cuz I dont want my sons to...
  2. tokyogodfather

    which ost should be placed in the current arc and where?

    Re: One Piece 572 Discussion / 573 Prediction Dear god this was such a great chapter. Best song to listen to while watching Luffy & Ace fight together: 07 - Shut up~Go to Hell from the Sengoku Basara OST Blue cd. someone needs to make an OP AMV with this..Hehe p.s. I posted the track if...
  3. tokyogodfather

    [Video] Review of Differences in English & Japanese 416

    HI Everyone. Once again we tried to make a podcast comparing the differences in Translation in the Japanese Raw and English Edited Mangas of Naruto, this time using issue 416. (You can find ep 1-Naruto 414 and ep 2-3-Naruto 415 here) This time I tried to do a page per page, in depth...
  4. tokyogodfather

    [Video] What Japanese Readers thought of 415

    Hi Csd...yeah we're working on it but have been dealing with sickness and technical issues...tried to do a page by page translation error recap and it ended up being an hour long, then my Japanese partner got food poisoning...and then ep 417's audio never recorded...>< [hr] thanks for the...
  5. tokyogodfather

    [Video] What Japanese Readers thought of 415

    No, actually thank you for the comments and for the polite way you said it. And I totally agree. Masa tries not to base it entirely on his own opinion by reading the forums in 2chan and other Naruto based Japanese sites - pretty much the Japanese equivalent of these forums here, but I...
  6. tokyogodfather

    [Video] What Japanese Readers thought of 415

    Thanks guys. One way to find out if there's a difference is by reading more than one groups English translation. Even there you'll find some pretty big differences - and when you do, you can bet there was probably some poetic ambiguity in the Japanese text there and thats why. Still, major...
  7. tokyogodfather

    [Video] What Japanese Readers thought of 415

    Hi Everyone. By popular demand, my Japanese friend and i here in Tokyo made another podcast about this week's Naruto (though its "last week" for English speakers since the English one comes out so fast.) Our podcast discusses the differences between the English & Japanese versions of this...
  8. tokyogodfather

    [Video] Review of Differences in English & Japanese 414

    Thanks for all the great constructive reviews guys! I'll take alot of your advice, and answer some of the questions your wrote here on my blog. (Not to plug it or anything, but just because I posted this on a few other forums too and its just easier to write everyone back in one place. ;)
  9. tokyogodfather

    [Video] Review of Differences in English & Japanese 414

    Hi, I'm new to the forums but I work in Tokyo, in the anime/manga industry and have been thinking about making a podcast discussing the differences between how Japanese readers and English readers respond to each week's Naruto manga. Of course, my (Japanese) guests and I would also talk...
Top