Recent content by Torca

  1. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    I wouldn't say it's good tbh strictly because the series are from pretty acclaimed authors. God-tier Pull Monarch especially, a series that is loosely in the same universe as The Fake Alchemist (even the covers are pretty similar) not making it into top 50 is disappointing to say the least.
  2. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    I have the same feelings, Paradon is genuinely a really fun sport series, with great art. The TOC placement is really bad for a new series, and I don't get why. If Agakimi gets the better treatment and outlives it, I will genuinely loose it.
  3. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    And it looks like a total banger of a series, with Aiko Koyama's art to top it! Really love the concept of it.
  4. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Shoseki Weekly 5/19 - 5/25 26. MAO #24 (>9,300) 85. Kai-hen Wizards #2 (~5,095) 136. Utsuranain-desu #4 (~3,448) 150. The Law of Ueki Exhibition: Unseen Battles and Short Stories (~3,175) 198. Parashoppers #1 (~2,239) 329. Shite no Hana #2 (~1,428) 484. Land of Monsters #1 (~1,040) <1000 ***...
  5. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Shoseki 5.16 to 5.18 Daily rankings. MAO #24: 10→29→34 Kai-hen Wizards #2: 28→75→76 Utsuranain-desu #4: 46→117→140 Parashoppers #1: 60→139→158 Shite no Hana #2: 97→478→398 Land of Monsters #1: 195→415→*** Tatari #8: 216→***→*** Strand #3: 384→***→*** Rock a Rock #5: ***→***→***
  6. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    We have confirmation that Te no Geka's author was the last EiC, Takenori Ichihara.
  7. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Shite no Hana 1st volume is already receiving a reprint, just a day after release.
  8. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Albus has been showcased in the Ametalk and got some boost from it, both volumes showing up in Shoseki Daily 28.02, physical volumes sold out on Amazon, close to the top 100 on Kindle too. This month's releases are quite interesting and important, we will see how Momose Akira's 2nd volume does...
  9. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Sunday series are debuting on a weekend, a very rare thing to happen, which is a disadvantage for smaller series as they won't be available for a lot of smaller stores and locations. I would wait for Monday's score to judge Utsuranain-desu's performance. Rock a Rock and Hello Work Monsters are...
  10. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    My queen is back, I kneel... One series was missed by Number8 and Masuko Ryuuhei. Number8 already have 4 ongoing serializations (Blue Giant Momentum, Kaze no Yari, Salaryman Z, SOV).
  11. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    It seems that one of the new series in the next batch could have been leaked is it even a leak if it is from the official source?. Wakaba-san Chi no Aoi Koi by Ogata Akane's 1st volume will be released on 12/12 this year. The series has a full description already and is under the Shonen Sunday...
  12. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Yamada Kyuuri, author of AI no Idenshi pumping up Kokoro Himeru's 1st chapter on Twitter. Next to Utsuranain-desu, this got the best impression. I also enjoyed this crazy ride, so hoping Komatsu can keep it up with the next chapters.
  13. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Mizu Polo 1st volume got a reprint. Just 6 days after release.
  14. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    I also don't see "Isekai" mentioned anywhere in the preview which I think is good. Not like being "Isekai" is automatically bad, but most of new series have it there just because it's the trend and don't even use it in any meaningful way, and given the synopsis I feel this is the right way to go...
  15. Torca

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Sunday - News and Discussion

    Since I've been checking the Webry app lately, I've tried to check current & recent Sunday serializations and put them in some sort of ranking. I can post scores with screenshots to some tables but it would take some time if someone needs a source, lemme know. Website is treated separately but I...
Top