Recent content by UHU

  1. Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 268 - Spoilers & Discussion

    Sukuna was eaten by Itadori off screen. Revelation of this final twist in the final chapter.
  2. Chapter Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 263 Discussion/264 Predictions

    What new arc? That thing is toast, not only have the sales decreased, the popularity in the TOC dropped, but there is nothing more to show in this series. I give it 15 chapters left, max, for the conclusion.
  3. Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 79 Discussion/ 80 Predictions

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 79 Spoiler Thread Spoiler in French: http://ritualscan2.free.fr/viewtopic.php?p=328032#p328032
  4. Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 75 Discussion/76 Predictions

    Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 75 Spoiler Thread Spoiler in French:
  5. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Sure. And Assassination Classroom also jumped in the top 5 and stayed there with its 5th chapter. My point is: Jump's editors do whatever they want. They got surveys' results the earliest, and it starts to influence the TOC when they want it. That's why I said there is no rule, that the baseline...
  6. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    It may be my mistake, but I looked for it, and didn't find it. What issue was it? Shall I provide source for the non existence of ghosts? :hee Actually, I have never seen this "8 week rule" mentioned in any official source. Many mangaka have mentioned the survey and ranking thing in...
  7. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Actually, it is. Bleach hasn't been in the 19th position in the summary since... 2002. And it's only the second time that Bleach has been in this position since the beginning. Things are getting worse for this manga, Here's a graph from Ritual Scan Forge: Green is for sales of volumes...
  8. Chapter Nanatsu no Taizai 52 Discussion / 53 Predictions

    Nanatsu no Taizai 52 Spoiler Thread For those who can read French, there's even a spoiler for chapter 52 at I guess the one who translates it can create its spoiler thread.
  9. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I'm glad that you understand each other. Clearly, I don't understand you. You are telling me that as soon as the votes results are in, it's not random anymore, which is proven by bad ranking when the new series fails, and by a higher rank when it succeeds. I agree with that. But it negates...
  10. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Yes, but not only. The editor can also give it a higher rank, without color pages. I don't want to annoy people out there, but I think I have some arguments. I don't think that challenging established beliefs can be bad for this topic. I cannot totally contest what's written in that Japanese...
  11. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Here is what he said (already mentioned here): I will avoid saying that it's your responsibility to read a discussion before entering it, because such words are unpleasant. Exactly. That was my answer to Kaiten. So we don't have any real source on how the TOC is made, Oda excepted.
  12. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    With a good translation of the whole thing, it would be easier to answer you. But is Eiichiro Oda not an insider enough for you guys? The voting system is described in Bakuman. Where has the TOC system been described by a confirmed insider (I mean: someone with a name)?
  13. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Of course it's observation, observation of the last 30 years' table of contents. And it's what Oda said too (at that time, he just confirmed what I already thought). We're all on the same boat, and this is why I'm surprised people make wild assumptions like this "8 week" rule. I just try to...
  14. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Someone can show me a case where it does happen, but I can show you many cases where that doesn't happen in that way. So we cannot draw such conclusions. I doubt that Bleach is one of their most popular mangas right now. Here you acknowledge that it's not fixed. Temporary editorial...
  15. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Thank you for your answer. I have been following the rankings for 8 years now, so I hope I will help to prove false some of the theories that are going on here. This "8th week" thing is not confirmed. For example, Dois Sol was 12th on the 7th week, then 14th on the 8th. The change is not that...
Top