Recent content by varsas

  1. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions Why do you think that 2 or 3 Empresses passed away while Nyon was away? She refers to a couple dying of lovesickness and she must have been there to recognize it. If lovesickness is fatal then she should have died when her lover died. Boa might...
  2. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions That is a possible interpretation but as I mentioned in #378 it can be interpreted differently and that was how I initially read the scene. Why are there so many people indicating that Boa will die if she's not with Luffy? As with Nyon I expect...
  3. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions This depends on the interpretation of the hesitation and expression on Luffy's face; it's either shock or puzzlement.
  4. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions Nice catch! I didn't notice this until I looked at it again after your comment. However Luffy definitely doesn't know the name Portgas D. Ace because after the name is mentioned he says "Who?". Nyon then mentions Ace's nickname before it clicks...
  5. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions Why would they head to Enies Lobby? The execution is taking place at the Marine Headquarters so everyone including WB would be heading there unless they were planning on breaking Ace out of ID.
  6. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 522 Discussion/523 Predictions I think that it's option 1 with Luffy not knowing Ace's full name. This can reinforce the fact that they are related in blood because the Portgas name could have been one that Ace made up or was given when he became a pirate. I noticed the...
  7. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 514 Discussion/515 Predictions Oda could continue with the SHs developing as they have in the past but I think I like the idea of the SHs needing to approach things differently in the NW more; it changes the pace of the series at this mid point juncture that can be a good thing...
  8. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 514 Discussion/515 Predictions I can attest that I am a proponent of Oda's change of pace during this arc. ;) It's probably a wooden staff.
  9. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 514 Discussion/515 Predictions What's so great about Fishman Island? It sounds interesting but why the desperation to get there? Entering the New World is exciting but it's clear the SHs wouldn't last very long if they went there now; would you not agree that it's even more...
  10. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 514 Spoiler Discussion Perhaps because the Straw Hats would be dead if they entered the New World? It was clear that they would not survive at their current power level given the events on Shabondy.
  11. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 513 Discussion/514 Predictions Logical deduction backed up by his previous encounter with them: he would know that the SHs were last at Water 7 heading to Fishman Island and they would need to go to the Sabaody Archipelago to enable them to continue their journey.
  12. Chapter One Piece Volume 53 (ch513-522) Discussion

    Re: One Piece 513 Discussion/514 Predictions I'm not sure about Chopper developing a better rumble ball but I think he can definitely learn to use his fruit ability better. Btw how do you think people for a post?
Top