Recent content by Weyu

  1. Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread Thank you again, Mikkih. :) I'm really learning a lot from you, and I see you're posting and helping people all over the place, that's really commendable. I guess this is one of those things that give another nuance to an expression in Japanese, but...
  2. Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread Hello, I came across the grammar "きっちまって". Doesn't seem to be very common since Google only gives like 10k results for it, but I couldn't find a concise explanation on how it modifies a verb exactly. I just noticed that it usually comes at the end...
  3. Done [JP] Got some questions about some expressions in a manga

    Thank you very much for your explanation, mikkih, appreciate it. Sorry to say, I still have questions though. 1) About なりきる, is there any difference in connotation between なりきらねばならない and なりきらなければならない ? I'm familiar with the latter, but it's the first time I've come across the former. 2)...
  4. Done [JP] Got some questions about some expressions in a manga

    Hi, I recently started translating manga, and I found that in the manga I'm currently translating I can understand pretty much most of it. But sometimes there are expressions or grammar that is unknown to me, or seems different from what I've learned in textbooks. I've bolded the parts I'm...
Top