Recent content by xchainlinkx

  1. xchainlinkx

    An Ambitious American Mangaka's Journey

    I guess that's sort of the point of my one-shot story, to help me realize what I'm missing so I can look back and find out what I need to improve on. If it gets a lot of attention I might turn it into a series and expand on it, though it might not be likely due to what I really want to have made.
  2. xchainlinkx

    An Ambitious American Mangaka's Journey

    It's kinda funny. When I went on hiatus of drawing I went straight to poses for some reason when I should've just started on portraits. A little frustration made me want to take another month or two away from drawing and I returned going back to basics with face portraits. I did try doing an...
  3. xchainlinkx

    An Ambitious American Mangaka's Journey

    Just like every other manga artist out there, my goal is to eventually have an anime made. Before I go into my two current projects, here's a little background on myself. (If you want to skip these first two paragraphs go ahead I don't mind) ^^; I've been an avid gamer for the longest time...
  4. xchainlinkx

    An Atypical Manga Writer

    Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I'll be sure to look into those threads when I find the time. :amuse Edit: Also new signature that links to my deviantart page :)
  5. xchainlinkx

    An Atypical Manga Writer

    Heh..it's more of a curse than anything...It's just this story in my mind I feel that just HAS to be made to the public. Still struggling to get into the habit of drawing more so I don't have to worry about finding an artist. But thanks, and nice to meet ya too. :)
  6. xchainlinkx

    An Atypical Manga Writer

    Hey there. Any initial inspiration from manga comes from Tite Kubo's "Bleach" series for the most part. Like how he implements different squads of powerful people together, the 14 court guard squads. Though it seems a bit...I don't know...out of place to have to wait for the main protagonist to...
  7. xchainlinkx

    An Atypical Manga Writer

    In typical anime and mangas, there's always a single, pointed-out hero and villain (which is true for most action stories as well.) I think that's perfectly fine, but it just seems a bit overdone. This is where I come in. Instead of blaming individuals, I tend to look at society as a whole...
Top