The Tales of a young Kapparoni: Gary Saltlord Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Wow you're pretty mean today... :pout
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Yeah I am tired, close to 30% of my strenght and I lack loli girls...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Kyaa ~ :wtf
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Bradley is badass, yes :zomg Prolly my favourite Homunculus. Pride was pretty cool too.
Not sure what exactly you expected regarding the Alchemists. Alchemy is a lot more down to earth, an equivalent exchange. It's not magic, and that's what I like about it. Maybe the powers are less flashy like lets say Naruto or Fairy Tail, but I prefer the realistic touch over laser beams or huge fire balls flying around left and right XD To each his own though, just my opinion. In that sense Mustang's power is almost too hax, but he's awesome... so whatever :D

Done by now? Feel free to shoot more at me
Well Bradley is easily my best Homunculus. Pride was pretty good too but he's lower in my books. Shouldn't Hohenheim have been able to beat him though? Well Hohenheim wasn't really the fighting type it seems. I wonder if prime Bradley could beat Pride? I think he should be able to manage it.

Lol no don't get the wrong idea, I understand the mechanism behind alchemy and the equivalent exchange thing but I felt they should be able to do much more. Granted the alchemy in Amestria had an issue but even after it was fixed, there wasn't much from them. Or maybe my issue was them mostly using the same moves. I get that it wasn't about lasers and kamehas which was refreshing but I feel they had more potential. I mean, they were using tectonic energy right? And they didn't really have to produce anything themselves since they're exchanging stuff. Well it didn't damper the experience, it certainly was an amazing watch.

Mustang was something else. Was quite unfair that he lost his eyes but he supposedly got them back. He and Bradley (and the Xing guys) were my best when it comes to fights. Izumi was also cool. That time her and her husband knocked back Sloth was nice. Alex Armstrong always reminds of guy with his poses and enthusiasm and the stars and shining teeth thing lol.

Yeah, I finished about 2 days back or so. Now you have my attention in the anime world so I'll be needing recommendations from you guys. I should start FSN today. I've already downloaded half of the episodes. I'm thinking of NNT after that or is there something better I can check out? Seems HxH is a solid contender considering it's on FMA's level.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Deshou? :D

Well Bradley is easily my best Homunculus. Pride was pretty good too but he's lower in my books. Shouldn't Hohenheim have been able to beat him though? Well Hohenheim wasn't really the fighting type it seems. I wonder if prime Bradley could beat Pride? I think he should be able to manage it.

Lol no don't get the wrong idea, I understand the mechanism behind alchemy and the equivalent exchange thing but I felt they should be able to do much more. Granted the alchemy in Amestria had an issue but even after it was fixed, there wasn't much from them. Or maybe my issue was them mostly using the same moves. I get that it wasn't about lasers and kamehas which was refreshing but I feel they had more potential. I mean, they were using tectonic energy right? And they didn't really have to produce anything themselves since they're exchanging stuff. Well it didn't damper the experience, it certainly was an amazing watch.

Mustang was something else. Was quite unfair that he lost his eyes but he supposedly got them back. He and Bradley (and the Xing guys) were my best when it comes to fights. Izumi was also cool. That time her and her husband knocked back Sloth was nice. Alex Armstrong always reminds of guy with his poses and enthusiasm and the stars and shining teeth thing lol.

Yeah, I finished about 2 days back or so. Now you have my attention in the anime world so I'll be needing recommendations from you guys. I should start FSN today. I've already downloaded half of the episodes. I'm thinking of NNT after that or is there something better I can check out? Seems HxH is a solid contender considering it's on FMA's level.
Bradley is my favourite Homunculus too, no doubt. Pretty likely that young Bradley could've beat Pride, prolly wouldn't have been too hard a fight either. He was purely badass and almost unstoppable even as an old guy XD

Well honestly first time I see someone bringing this up, I thought most of the Alchemy stuff was pretty cool. Maybe they could've done more, but like I said I think the down to earth techniques prolly are a part of what made this so charming too. Would need to rewatch or reread to give a better judgement, it's just been too long since I've last followed FMA :XD

From that I guess that you like people with awesome technique, no matter if sword or fist skills :D But yeah, fighting-wise those would all prolly be among my favourites too. I think Mustang is by far the fan-favourite, back then nearly everyone was in love with him.
Now the important question, which one was your favourite OP? :toc

And glad to hear that, looking forward to your opinion on FSN :zomg I hope you got the correct episodes... by that I mean Unlimited Blade Works TV, not the old Fate Stay Night anime (because that one was crap). Regarding more recommendations I guess others could voice their opinion too, but personally I would recommend to check out a variety of different works now. Meaning different genres mainly, if only to test out what's your thing and what isn't. Hunter x Hunter anime is awesome, but almost 150 episodes long and goes in the same genre as FMA, so I would rather check out something else first. Certainly a lot better that Nanatsu no Taizai anime if you ask me, but in the end it's your decision about what you feel like watching ;D

Here's some stuff from different genre's that I would consider pretty damn good:

1. Steins;Gate - Might be a bit weird at first, but give it some episodes and you will be enlightened. Basically a mystery/drama mix. Has some Sci-Fi too. Read the synopsis and you will get an idea.
2. Bakemonogatari - Now this is a really special one XD Text-heavy and really unique animation. Very famous work having multiple sequels/prequels. Prolly the last anime on this list I would recommend to check out though, because this might not be easy to get into as anime newbie. Definitely something you should check out at some point, but maybe not right now.
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Mecha Series. Starts rather light-hearted but turns into over the top badass fighting. Well basically everything about this show is over the top and ridiculous (in a good way), it's one of Nuno's favourite series XD
4. AnoHana - One of my personal favourites. Slice of Life with lots of drama and a little supernatural aspect. One of the works that touched me the most and made me cry manly tears. Me and Nuno both love the anime, the guy has good taste :toc Nearly everyone I know thinks of the show pretty highly, only exception I know of is Sky because he never became a fan of the premise...
5. Haikyuu - If you want a really good sports anime. The manga actually made me interested in Volleyball XD And the anime adaption is really well-done. Another manga currently running in WSJ by the way, so you could switch to that afterwards.
6. Hellsing Ultimate - This is the definition of GAR and badassery. Bloody and crazy. Not the most awesome story but this gets your blood pumping without a doubt :hip
7. Shinsekai Yori - For me the best Horror anime. It's a well-written creepy story from beginning to end. A horror that works incredibly well without much blood or gore, that's how it should be me thinks.

Phew, I think that's some stuff from everything :XD Took me longer than I thought, so I will keep the rest short. Other stuff I would recommend is Toradora! (Best Romance anime for me) and if you want a good anime movie watch either this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16782/Kotonoha_no_Niwa (if only for the animation, because seriously it looks almost like real life sometimes, the dude behind this is a monster when it comes to animation)
Or this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/12355/Ookami_Kodomo_no_Ame_to_Yuki (because awesome story is awesome)
Both movies are from very famous directors, but I don't think you've heard of either yet. Anyway, that's about it for now. Copy that list or something, because this seriously took me way too long and I don't want to write all that stuff down again XD
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well honestly first time I see someone bringing this up, I thought most of the Alchemy stuff was pretty cool. Maybe they could've done more, but like I said I think the down to earth techniques prolly are a part of what made this so charming too. Would need to rewatch or reread to give a better judgement, it's just been too long since I've last followed FMA :XD
Yeah the alchemy itself is very cool and also a nice concept which is why I felt it had more potential. Just my opinion though :XD

From that I guess that you like people with awesome technique, no matter if sword or fist skills :D But yeah, fighting-wise those would all prolly be among my favourites too. I think Mustang is by far the fan-favourite, back then nearly everyone was in love with him.
Yeah I'm a big fan of that, especially the special effects and slow mo. I found myself basically rewatching all of Bradley's fights and moves :zomg

Now the important question, which one was your favourite OP? :toc
Fav OP is probably the first or the last. I'm gonna have to watch them all again to choose. At some point, I was just too interested in the story so I just watched the different OPs once.

And glad to hear that, looking forward to your opinion on FSN :zomg I hope you got the correct episodes... by that I mean Unlimited Blade Works TV, not the old Fate Stay Night anime (because that one was crap).
:nod I got the right one. Hm about the other anime, I think I'll check Steins Gate after FSN. I remember that was also one that has been talked about a lot. Afterwards, I'll just read up on the others and pick something.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

'sup Kev.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Yeah the alchemy itself is very cool and also a nice concept which is why I felt it had more potential. Just my opinion though :XD

Yeah I'm a big fan of that, especially the special effects and slow mo. I found myself basically rewatching all of Bradley's fights and moves :zomg

Fav OP is probably the first or the last. I'm gonna have to watch them all again to choose. At some point, I was just too interested in the story so I just watched the different OPs once.

:nod I got the right one. Hm about the other anime, I think I'll check Steins Gate after FSN. I remember that was also one that has been talked about a lot. Afterwards, I'll just read up on the others and pick something.
Sure, I can see where you are coming from so it's okay :XD
Good, I like sword fights just as much as you :toc And Bradley is just that fun to watch, prolly still among my favourite sword fighters (and in the world of anime and manga there are many XD).

Aww what a shame, my favourite is the second :( Though all OP's are pretty good, so I can say nothing against that.

Well, seems like you heard a bit about some anime at least, despite your inexperience :P Steins;Gate is a beloved series, certainly among the most famous ones in the West. A rare example of a well-adapted Visual Novel too. Just expect a little time for things to start rolling, but when it does it does roll like hell.
And sure, take your time. Was just giving you multiple examples in one go, but it's not like you have to stick to them or anything.

'sup Kev.
Yo Sunnyboy, I'm doing fine. How rare to see you here and not at gary's thread :D What brings me this honour and how are you doing?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Yo Sunnyboy, I'm doing fine. How rare to see you here and not at gary's thread :D What brings me this honour and how are you doing?
I'm fine.. nothing just thought it's been a long time since the last time we talked :chu
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

man this really turned into a pretty wall of text... :XD Honestly don't really have much to add though, I agree with pretty much everything.
Hikki doing stuff the old way prolly would've lead to the current development yes, just wanted to say that his new way wasn't much better, in the sense that he still hurt both Yukinon and Yui. Considering how stuck he was on his usual way of dealing with problems this actually is a good development for Hikki though, but he prolly needs to grow a lot more if he wants to fix this situation.
And yes, he's basically refusing everything Yui throws at him. Shrine festival is a good example, almost forgot about that. It's even worse now I feel. He refuses to leave the classroom together with Yui even though that's obviously what she wants. Heck it's so freaking obvious that she wants him to rely on her and her wanting to rely on him, even if you ignore the love topic. Not sure if Hikki even notices how desperately he tries to avoid getting too close to other people. His ex-crush really must've dealt a serious blow... at leas the bitch is trying to get a bit more nice towards him, finally.

Funn enough that we have this discussion here instead of the anime thread though, haha XD
I know right? This is a a show you can discuss again and again. It never gets boring.~

Well we have growth for Hikki. Now Yukinion needs to grow and she needs to leave her comfort zone. Sure she really wanted to be the president but she needs to be less afraid of stuff like that.
He is so scared of thios kind of things that he hurts Yui again and again. :pout
A bit nicer... Sure... But she is still a braindead superficial retard, Almost as annoying as THAT hand movement...

We should change that... x'D
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I'm goddamn tired and need to work again tomorrow....
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

There there... :hug

At least you'll have a free monday.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

How come you have to work during the weekend though? :o
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

How come you have to work during the weekend though? :o
Well it's not really work, it's further training of sorts, basically learning how to help kids when they're hurt. And with hurt I mean serious injuries, like reanimating, strong burns etc. stuff like that. From 9 AM to 18 PM... <___<
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well it's not really work, it's further training of sorts, basically learning how to help kids when they're hurt. And with hurt I mean serious injuries, like reanimating, strong burns etc. stuff like that. From 9 AM to 18 PM... <___<
9 fucking hours...?! o___O

Oh dear... :faint
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Well I imagine we get an hour long break or so and people say it usually ends a bit earlier usually, so hopefully it won't be more than 7.... still highly annoying, considering I did something kinda similar a year ago or so. Didn't give me the necessary qualifications though, so I have to do this more detailed version now sigh.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,322
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

Good, I like sword fights just as much as you :toc And Bradley is just that fun to watch, prolly still among my favourite sword fighters (and in the world of anime and manga there are many XD).
Sword fights are just too right. It's simple and you don't have to rack you're head trying to understand mechanisms or the like plus it usually contains the best action and moments.

Aww what a shame, my favourite is the second :( Though all OP's are pretty good, so I can say nothing against that.
Hm, I'm yet to re-watch them but I remember you mentioned the 2nd was your best but I recall liking the first more though I can hardly remember the OPs lol. The thing that gets me first is the song. Sometimes, it's just a part of the song (mostly the chorus) that makes me love an OP. I probably don't evaluate the entire thing on the same level you do :XD

Well, seems like you heard a bit about some anime at least, despite your inexperience :P Steins;Gate is a beloved series, certainly among the most famous ones in the West. A rare example of a well-adapted Visual Novel too. Just expect a little time for things to start rolling, but when it does it does roll like hell.
And sure, take your time. Was just giving you multiple examples in one go, but it's not like you have to stick to them or anything.
Yeah i did hear about a few. It's hard to miss popular stuff (manga or anime). I'm yet to start FSN though so I'll be back when I do.

:nod I know. Nice to get recs anyway. I'll at least read about them and maybe check an episode or two of each. I think I said so before but I'm quite patient with such things (reading or watching). It's likely I'll eventually watch all of them except they're really boring or just not my thing.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: If we gather the time you all waste being young, this much shouldn't be that difficult

I'm fine.. nothing just thought it's been a long time since the last time we talked :chu
No need to beat around the bush dude, I remembered! I wanted to show you the Eva pics and I got myself a new cam anyway... so I finally did it xD






In case you're wonderin, second pic is a kind of 3D Picture... moving breasts and legs hrhr. Blue thing in the left is the artbook, only black and white pics though. Last pic are all the postcards.

I know right? This is a a show you can discuss again and again. It never gets boring.~

Well we have growth for Hikki. Now Yukinion needs to grow and she needs to leave her comfort zone. Sure she really wanted to be the president but she needs to be less afraid of stuff like that.
He is so scared of thios kind of things that he hurts Yui again and again. :pout
A bit nicer... Sure... But she is still a braindead superficial retard, Almost as annoying as THAT hand movement...

We should change that... x'D
Not much to add before I watch the new episode, will prolly do soon. Yes though, you can discuss the show again and again :wtf

Then do that :D

Sword fights are just too right. It's simple and you don't have to rack you're head trying to understand mechanisms or the like plus it usually contains the best action and moments.

Hm, I'm yet to re-watch them but I remember you mentioned the 2nd was your best but I recall liking the first more though I can hardly remember the OPs lol. The thing that gets me first is the song. Sometimes, it's just a part of the song (mostly the chorus) that makes me love an OP. I probably don't evaluate the entire thing on the same level you do :XD

Yeah i did hear about a few. It's hard to miss popular stuff (manga or anime). I'm yet to start FSN though so I'll be back when I do.

:nod I know. Nice to get recs anyway. I'll at least read about them and maybe check an episode or two of each. I think I said so before but I'm quite patient with such things (reading or watching). It's likely I'll eventually watch all of them except they're really boring or just not my thing.
Agreed, gotta love sword fights :x3

Well I'm not as sophisticated as you think I am I, I usually judge the song for the most part too xD Well animation and scenes do play a factor obviously, but if I don't like the song it won't impact me much either.

Yeah you told me :D Well just take your time, looking forward to your opinion(s) once you start watching :nod Not sure where Sky or Nuno are with the recs, maybe they stopped caring :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top