Games Speed MG #03: WC2018 - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This was a nice and quick game I'd say.



  • The role list gives mafia a Poisoner to mess with town by delaying a kill if they wanted to, while the Det lets them investigate a few players.
  • Didn't want kills to be blocked by too much, so only included a Prostitute that can block a kill if played well, but also mess up other roles' actions. Like @Emperor Spriggan almost saving Takuan's role. Pirate was there to either die or confirm a townie(if they believe his story that is).
  • Really wanted a Vigilante for some fun situations. Had prepared different Neymar gifs depending on the outcome(or death before role usage) :nerd
  • Felt town was too strong here, even with the Death Miller, so gave them a Freeman. With 2 mafias vs 7 town, one mafia dying is already almost game over for the mafia group, so the Freeman/DM would help the last remaining mafia if a mafia died early.
  • The Innocent Child works pretty well with a Freeman. If it happens that the Freeman gets lynched D1 or killed N1, as soon as the next day starts town would have a confirmed townie to help them in their pretty bad spot.
Some crucial moments going in favor of both teams, but in the end mafia screwed up way too big to salvage. MVP is @Asako for killing Holt with her vote which ended up being the only vote of Day 2 :lmao And of course by blocking Gryff's kill and this way securing town's win. Very nicely done.
The double-lynch on Day 1 was weird, and very bad for town. Death Miller gets lynched Day 1 almost always :catshrug
@Takuan gave a hint that was way too good(or too bad?) since pretty much everyone guessed his role, mafia, the pirate, and others likely as well.
The vigilante usage almost won mafia the game right there on Day 2, but they forgot about the votes which led to such a hilarious Holt death. Syx also nicely kept low and didn't let them kill him.

As for night actions, not much to say really.

Night 1:
Gryff investigates Farf -> Vigilante
Holt kills Takuan -> Dead
Takuan investigates Emperor Spriggan -> Innocent
Asako blocks Emperor Spriggan -> Blocked
Emperor Spriggan targets Takuan -> fails

Night 2:
Asako blocks Gryffindor -> Blocked
Gryffindor kills Asako -> fails
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun I need some clarification on something if you dont mind.
Demon was Innocent Child, why wasnt he publicly confirmed as day 1 started?
Also, Farfalla claimed Vigilante Townie and wasn't host killed? :hmm
Innocent Child gets revealed whenever the host wants it to be. For Demon, that was Day 3.

As for Farf, there's actually no rule that says claiming day roles leads to a hostkill. Only for faking a day role, which is a penalty vote. Which may need some reevaluating on the rules.
Regardless, considering she was about to use it I didn't mind. It's very similar to what daykillers usually do, claim they can shoot/kill someone and then do it. If she had not used her shot I'd have thought about a penalty.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It doesn't say that the Innocent Child has to be revealed on D1.
@Emperor Spriggan you're a host, you shouldn't let a non-host like syx beat you in terms of game knowledge :nono
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
This was a nice and quick game I'd say.



  • The role list gives mafia a Poisoner to mess with town by delaying a kill if they wanted to, while the Det lets them investigate a few players.
  • Didn't want kills to be blocked by too much, so only included a Prostitute that can block a kill if played well, but also mess up other roles' actions. Like @Emperor Spriggan almost saving Takuan's role. Pirate was there to either die or confirm a townie(if they believe his story that is).
  • Really wanted a Vigilante for some fun situations. Had prepared different Neymar gifs depending on the outcome(or death before role usage) :nerd
  • Felt town was too strong here, even with the Death Miller, so gave them a Freeman. With 2 mafias vs 7 town, one mafia dying is already almost game over for the mafia group, so the Freeman/DM would help the last remaining mafia if a mafia died early.
  • The Innocent Child works pretty well with a Freeman. If it happens that the Freeman gets lynched D1 or killed N1, as soon as the next day starts town would have a confirmed townie to help them in their pretty bad spot.
Some crucial moments going in favor of both teams, but in the end mafia screwed up way too big to salvage. MVP is @Asako for killing Holt with her vote which ended up being the only vote of Day 2 :lmao And of course by blocking Gryff's kill and this way securing town's win. Very nicely done.
The double-lynch on Day 1 was weird, and very bad for town. Death Miller gets lynched Day 1 almost always :catshrug
@Takuan gave a hint that was way too good(or too bad?) since pretty much everyone guessed his role, mafia, the pirate, and others likely as well.
The vigilante usage almost won mafia the game right there on Day 2, but they forgot about the votes which led to such a hilarious Holt death. Syx also nicely kept low and didn't let them kill him.

As for night actions, not much to say really.

Night 1:
Gryff investigates Farf -> Vigilante
Holt kills Takuan -> Dead
Takuan investigates Emperor Spriggan -> Innocent
Asako blocks Emperor Spriggan -> Blocked
Emperor Spriggan targets Takuan -> fails

Night 2:
Asako blocks Gryffindor -> Blocked
Gryffindor kills Asako -> fails
Wow, thanks for this well structured summary, Gry. It was a nice read! :wtf

^ he's a filthy liar, I'd shoot him again :hmph
See? I said he deserved it. : )
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Regardless, considering she was about to use it I didn't mind. It's very similar to what daykillers usually do, claim they can shoot/kill someone and then do it. If she had not used her shot I'd have thought about a penalty.
And I'd bitch like there's no tomorrow XD Since Prosecutor actually says I can't claim it. Not havnig the same on DTV could lead to honest mistakes.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I hate you :emocat
I just write the story as it happens, it's to you all to determine what I write :edu

Btw, this here

Ik we shuold avoid taking those things into consideration, but also Gry deeply despises Pirate...
He says Apprentice is much better. Dunno if he thought that in a game with 9 people, Apprentice could go to waste and picked Pirate instead, tho...
You know me so well :blush But I don't "despise" it, that's only Masons. Pirate was about it being super outclassed by Apprentice and being a very bad role. But as you guessed right, I thought Pirate fits better for speedgames than Apprentice does. :nod
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
@Takuan gave a hint that was way too good(or too bad?) since pretty much everyone guessed his role
That's my sole weakness in this game :kappa when i'm townie i end up revealing way too much information on D1. I'm just too honest, what can i say :true
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Well if you could have I could back you up as the only way that didn't work is if you got blocked, also no sane mafia could say that unless it's @Demonspeed
So I think it could have prevented your death.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
And I'd bitch like there's no tomorrow XD Since Prosecutor actually says I can't claim it. Not havnig the same on DTV could lead to honest mistakes.
Yeah the stuff about day roles needs to be further expanded upon. For example, what does "you can't claim it" mean for Prosecutor, if the rules themselves don't state it's a hostkill? :hmm Gotta polish these things up some more.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
You know me so well :blush But I don't "despise" it, that's only Masons. Pirate was about it being super outclassed by Apprentice and being a very bad role. But as you guessed right, I thought Pirate fits better for speedgames than Apprentice does. :nod
Tbh when Emp died as Pirate I was like "so Gry agrees with me that Pirate can be strategical and could save Taku's role here!"
Then I read your reasoning in your summary...... :hmph
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
^ he's a filthy liar, I'd shoot him again :hmph
See? I said he deserved it. : )
A big mistake actually. @Emperor Spriggan I think saying the truth would've been a lot better. Either you tried saving a Det, or Asako confirms she blocks you earlier. Though I also didn't expect you to be daykilled after Asako said she blocked you, despite a kill happening :hmm
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
That's my sole weakness in this game :kappa when i'm townie i end up revealing way too much information on D1. I'm just too honest, what can i say :true
Never say you had the role before because you're new even if u have it.

I especially avoided saying that as I though it could make the mafia kill me because most of my roles are good townie roles.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Either you tried saving a Det, or Asako confirms she blocks you earlier. Though I also didn't expect you to be daykilled after Asako said she blocked you, despite a kill happening :hmm
It's the rush of a speed game, shuddup :emocat don't make me hate you more ç.ç... this Neymar avy was worse than the Holo story alrdy!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Tbh when Emp died as Pirate I was like "so Gry agrees with me that Pirate can be strategical and could save Taku's role here!"
Then I read your reasoning in your summary...... :hmph
Nah still think the role sucks :XD Even had Asako not blocked him he could've easily missed the coin toss to save the Det role. So it still sucks, should be on priority 2.5 or something, that it can't ruin a Prio 2 role usage but also is faster than Prio 3 killers. :hmm But as it is right now, I can only imagine using it for 6-9 player games.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,636
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's the rush of a speed game, shuddup :emocat don't make me hate you more ç.ç... this Neymar avy was worse than the Holo story alrdy!
I laughed so hard at that randomizer :lmao But there's nothing to hate me over :hmph All I did was randomize and let you guys play. Don't blame you for anything, after all even the mafia screwed up even more with miscounting the votes. It's hard to keep up with a speedgame, but it really is a bite-sized MG :nod

A last second daykill via Assassin/Vigilante can screw up so much though :XD Maybe these cases should auto-extend the day for longer, or make it so the roles cannot be used last second.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top