Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,565
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
127
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
No KaguraBachi until August is unfortunate but at least I have hxh to hold me over.
Also if the leaks are true and Bleach is coming back to wsj I do wonder how long it’s gonna run for honestly. I hope Kubo gets an Oda type of schedule.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,565
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Damn, Kinato is surely putting up a fight, charting above Nue is crazy lol

Shoseki Top 500 (June 22)
116. Akane Banashi #22
207. Witch Watch #26
236. Under Doctor #1
301. Shinobi Undercover #8
361. Kinato's Magic #1
396. Nue's Exorcist #15


Start of Week 4!
 
Last edited:

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
No KaguraBachi until August is unfortunate but at least I have hxh to hold me over.
Also if the leaks are true and Bleach is coming back to wsj I do wonder how long it’s gonna run for honestly. I hope Kubo gets an Oda type of schedule.
Kubo does not need oda schedule when he is gonna repeat his old trick of giant panels devoid of backgrounds lol

This was one of the things he got mocked relentlessly for decades ago. Nowadays people see Bleach with big nostalgia lens. Forgetting each of his chapter was essentially a 30 seconds read devoid of subtance.

I am not a Bleach hater btw. I am just neutral of it. I am just saying how it was back when it was serialized. I can simply imagine all the modern braindead lobotomy crowd gonna start clowning it too (and maybe even harder than how it was) if it really gets serialized long term
 

nemu asahi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
586
Reaction score
633
Age
43
Country
France
It's
I get what you mean but it is a rough life and people eat up his complaining. It really does make me question how to Mishima and Nisshi (Ichi author) can have time to do multiple series (Mashima doing Eden’s, dead rock, and Fairy tail 100 is still the most impressive workload I’ve seen; dude also dropped double chapters too. Wild).
If it's just the nemu and they are experienced/skilled (no retakes asked), then it really doesn't take time. Can be done in 4 hours or less just for 16 pages, depending on the level of drawing of course.
You can think about the scenario wherever you are and whatever you are doing (not while driving please), so it's not like a mangaka having to seat at his desk to draw.
Multiple series is not unheard of. The scenarist of kakegurui is the same.
 

DrLazer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
246
Reaction score
418
Age
19
Country
France
Two on Ice got a... reprint? Did I hear that right? Well good for it I guess.
Yeah I wonder what happened with this series lol, it got a twitter acc, reprints back in 2023 (i think??), axed and then reprints 2 years after wtf lmao

Edit: Well it never had reprints in 2023/24 actually lol, also didn't ranked on Shoseki for its first volume
 

nemu asahi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
586
Reaction score
633
Age
43
Country
France
Two on Ice got a... reprint? Did I hear that right? Well good for it I guess.
It was an "Afternoon" type anyway. Which means there are readers for it, not in Jump that's all.
They should transfer it to Jump+ now with all its "Afternoon" type titles.
They can do it because they can transfer contracts if all parties agree.
We're not in an "all or nothing" publishing market anymore. Titles can get second chances etc.
Hell, CANCELLED TITLES ARE GETTING ANIME NOW!!! Can you think of something more f....ed than this?
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
So, I realizes Genki Ono can do the most troll move by.... doing a 10 years time skip in last chapter where Iemori end up marrying Himari after dating Honoka for several years and breaking up with her.

Will make Himaten the most memorable romcom by fucking with both fanbases lol

Kinda realistic if you think about it. People very rarely marry their high school 1st love.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,565
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hal Formula PV on Youtube has reached nearly 130k in just 8 days! 🏎



This is quite a fantastic performance for a new series by a non veteran, specially considering it's something as niche as a F1 series, this is the highest number of views for a new series by a non veteran since Kagurabachi (287k in 2 years), there's also Dear Anemone with 192k in 2 years but since Hal Formula reached 130k in just 8 days it's more appropriate to compare with Kgb.

The current line up Youtube PV views:

1. Ichi the Witch (409k) - 1 Year
2. Witch Watch (325k) - 5 Years
3. Class 2-B: Hero Destroyerz (324k) - 2 Months
4. Kagurabachi (287k) - 2 Years
5. Ruri Dragon (248k) - 4 Years
6. Blue Box (161k) - 5 Years
7. Hal Formula (127k) - 8 Days
8. Me & Roboco (113k) - 5 Years
9. Sakamoto Days (101k) - 5 Years
10. Under Doctor (74k) - 4 Months
11. Shinobi Undercover (71k) - 1 Year
12. Akane-banashi (62k) - 4 Years
13. Someone Hertz (54k) - 9 Months
14. Nue's Exorcist (53k) - 3 Years
15. Kinato's Magic (52k) - 4 Months
16. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (42k) - 2 Years
17. Hima-Ten! (40k) - 2 Years
18. Cannon Master (33k) - 1 Day
19. Alien Headbutt (29k) - 4 Months
20. Drawn to the Fire (21k) - 2 Months
21. Roku's House of Oddities (16k) - 2 Months
22. Animal Signal (15k) - 2 Weeks
 
Last edited:

TwoTimesMartyred

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2025
Messages
64
Reaction score
118
Age
20
Country
Philippines
So, I realizes Genki Ono can do the most troll move by.... doing a 10 years time skip in last chapter where Iemori end up marrying Himari after dating Honoka for several years and breaking up with her.

Will make Himaten the most memorable romcom by fucking with both fanbases lol

Kinda realistic if you think about it. People very rarely marry their high school 1st love.
Then the epilogue shows him divorcing her for Kanna
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
I have a potential theory regarding Hima-Ten.

I’ve heard of situations where authors sometimes say things like “I didn’t plan this, but the character’s decided for me” (for example, Oda mentioning in one of his Jump Festa letters (I think) he wasn’t planning to do an Elbaf arc at one point, but he “wouldn’t be able to stop Luffy”). I wonder if, as the title suggests, Ono planned from the start for this to be a series where Tenichi gets with Himari at the end; but, with the series’ end looming (whether due to rush from editorial or what), Ono in trying to solve the romantic dilemma in time decided “I can’t convince Tenichi to fall in love with Himari over Honoka in this many chapters”, and thus gave in to Tenichi’s love for Honoka rather than trying to steer too hard away from her. That, or it was just a matter of “I can’t think of a reason as to why Honoka and Tenichi wouldn’t work out when they get together” and so just rolled with it at Himari’s expense.

I am curious what exactly we’re gonna see with this final chapter outside of the final exchange of Himari and Tenichi, if time skips forward or just snippets of everyone’s lives or what.
 

Discomusic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
623
Reaction score
1,697
Age
40
Country
Italy
I remind everyone that there is still one chapter left, where Iemori is supposed to go to Himari's house and give her the keys back. Anything can still happen.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
First key visual for "The One Piece" anime remake by WIT Studios, the first teaser trailer will be released tomorrow!


As someone who's very fond of the egghead / elbaf artstyle, this looks very ""shiny"" and ""glossy"" like what a typical modern anime look like. I thought they were gonna attempt the water color look or something similar to yaiba like the color board showed.

Hopefully the trailer convince me.
 
Last edited:

KyuKyu555

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
333
Reaction score
196
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
My votes for Issue #29 of 2026:
1. One Piece 1185
2. Akane-banashi 210
3. Witch Watch 251

4. Ichi the Witch 86
5. Ruri Dragon 47

6. Shinobi Undercover 85
7. Blue Box 246
8. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 96
9. Hima-Ten! 94
10. Hal Formula 1 (New Series)
11. Animal Signal 2
12. Kinato’s Magic 19
13. Someone Hertz 37
14. Class 2-B: Hero Destroyerz 8
15. Under Doctor 20
16. Roku’s House of Oddities 10
17. Drawn to the Fire 9
18. Sakamoto Days 263
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Issue 29 Votes because I keep falling stupid behind:

1. Akane-banashi
2. Hal Formula
3. Shinobi Undercover
4. Blue Box
5. Kagurabachi

6. One Piece
7. Nue’s Exorcist
8. Hima-Ten!
9. Ruridragon
10. Ichi the Witch
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yeah I wonder what happened with this series lol, it got a twitter acc, reprints back in 2023 (i think??), axed and then reprints 2 years after wtf lmao

Edit: Well it never had reprints in 2023/24 actually lol, also didn't ranked on Shoseki for its first volume
Two on ICE was GREAT. GREAT ART, GREAT STORY... it's a pity it was axed sigh
 

nkempi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 4, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
50
Age
36
Country
United States
On the Himaten vs Nisekoi topic, I enjoyed both series a lot, but I do feel like the ending of Himaten is kind of lame. I know there will always be people rooting for the Onodera and Honoka type characters, but to me it’s kind of juvenile to be so focused on the childhood friend character just because she’s (usually) demure and kind and was there first. I think in the real world most people get over their oneitis for the first girl they had a crush on. Most people don’t ever act on middle school crushes. It’s usually the girl that comes later in a more formative time of your life that you fall for and end up with. You realize the feelings you have for that person are more significant and meaningful than the childhood crush that you just like because she was the cutest girl in your orbit when you started to like girls. I liked the ending of Nisekoi because it’s basically Raku coming to this realization. To me it seems childish to think that true romance is when you permanently crush on the one girl who made an impression on you as a kid instead of getting older and changing and forming more significant relationships. Just my two cents.

I also don’t agree with the common criticism that Nisekoi dragged on forever and there was no plot development. The comedy and the hijinks of the cast *was* the plot, not just filler. I don’t know what people wanted, Raku and Chitoge to just get together after the Romeo and Juliet arc? Everyone always wants the couple to get together in romance series, but I don’t really need 50 chapters of Raku and Chitoge doing all the same things but holding hands, you can just use your imagination. I thought the ending was honestly perfect. And I did enjoy Himaten but I think Nisekoi was way funnier and more entertaining and had a substantially better cast. It’s way better than Himaten. I look forward to if/when Naoshi returns!

And like someone else pointed out, there’s still at least one more chapter and Tenichi has to go see Himari. I don’t think a final swerve is completely impossible.
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
245
Reaction score
188
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
Kubo does not need oda schedule when he is gonna repeat his old trick of giant panels devoid of backgrounds lol

This was one of the things he got mocked relentlessly for decades ago. Nowadays people see Bleach with big nostalgia lens. Forgetting each of his chapter was essentially a 30 seconds read devoid of subtance.

I am not a Bleach hater btw. I am just neutral of it. I am just saying how it was back when it was serialized. I can simply imagine all the modern braindead lobotomy crowd gonna start clowning it too (and maybe even harder than how it was) if it really gets serialized long term
My hope is that Kubo has regained that fire he had in early Bleach. The giant panels devoid of backgrounds is not how he started. He used to put a lot of time and effort into the backgrounds in the early arcs. He was having issues with the editorial staff at the time which showed negatively in the finished product unfortunately. I am hoping that with a new editorial team and being a veteran of one of the biggest series in the Magazine they can come to a better working relationship more in line with what Kubo wants to do this time around.
 
Top