Shounen Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,718
Reaction score
61,441
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think Donovan having telepathy as good as Anya would make him way too powerful. Maybe he can sense/feel people's hostility etc but I doubt it will be as good if he can read minds.
 

Grimzilla32

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
779
Reaction score
935
Age
37
Country
United States

Oh my, what is going on this chapter?
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
1,968
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Really surprising development in this chapter IF Desmond was "thinking the truth". If he was actually thinking out "loud" to trick Anya, that would be great...let's see what happens.

Anya seemed quite troubled by the thoughts of the guy in coma. She read his mind, awful to think about it.

I want the next development to be in this Desmond/The Dr. Neighbour direction. Desmond for sure had some stuff done to him, but what?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,718
Reaction score
61,441
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't think Donovan can read minds like Anya but I doubt he is just normal. And technically, reading someone's thoughts and understanding them are different things. I am sure Anya would agree!
 

Grimzilla32

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
779
Reaction score
935
Age
37
Country
United States

Interesting development

Best part is the wholesome mother daughter moment at the end between Yor and Anya
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,262
Reaction score
1,968
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think Donovan can read minds like Anya but I doubt he is just normal. And technically, reading someone's thoughts and understanding them are different things. I am sure Anya would agree!
That is true! It might still be possible that he reads minds, but I guess we're being led someplace else in terms of his powers, if any.
 

Grimzilla32

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
779
Reaction score
935
Age
37
Country
United States
I also feel it's getting lost in the plot that the man Donovan is visting is his predecessor Chapman, aka the man who started the war between East and West
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
For some reason it's only just occurred to me to come here when I have thoughts on the chapter...

There's definitely a few directions this development could go with Donovan, but I am partial to the mindset that what Anya glimpsed of Donovan was, intentional or not, a deceptive lens of him. I'm currently leaning less towards the notion that he detected Anya and pretended to not be psychic; rather, I think it's possible that he, being an earlier test subject than Anya (perhaps one of the numbers preceding Anya's 7), is capable of either infrequent bursts of telepathy or some weaker manifestation of it. I'm more keen on the idea that he has it, but it goes on and off at unpredictable times. This would explain his frustration with not being able to understand other people's thoughts; he's used to being able to do it SOMETIMES, so not having access to it when he really wants to know something is especially nerve wracking.

That's just a toss-up of a possibility though; there's something to be said about his wording choice of "understanding" the thoughts of others, which could mean he can hear their thoughts but doesn't get why they think the way they do. (That is hinging on the english translation, admittedly, I can't speak for how the original Japanese reads.)

Either way I am a fan of the idea that whatever procedure was done on Donovan is closely tied to whatever was done with Anya, and that she is the complete version of what he was trying to become. This could lead to some intense developments if Anya begins to become discovered; we saw how Authen was panicking when he had his moment of clarity regarding Anya and was thinking of letting Donovan know (we have been spared by his clouded mind, perhaps).

I very much look forward to how this thread continues to progress, as at this point Anya directly confronting Donovan feels a comparable level of climax to Yor and Loid uncovering each other's identities.
 

HHellenn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2019
Messages
204
Reaction score
614
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
and was thinking of letting Donovan know (we have been spared by his clouded mind, perhaps).
This is where your lack of Japanese lets you down. The way Authen talks about Donovan is quite rude and impossible if they were allies. Besides, he's writing a "note to self."

That's just a toss-up of a possibility though; there's something to be said about his wording choice of "understanding" the thoughts of others, which could mean he can hear their thoughts but doesn't get why they think the way they do. (That is hinging on the english translation, admittedly, I can't speak for how the original Japanese reads.)
The problem here isn't Donovan's first sentence, but the second, when he thinks about Surjay.

In my opinion, Donovan isn't a telepath, but someone willing to do anything to become one is a more serious threat to Anya than Donovan the telepath.
 

Grimzilla32

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2021
Messages
779
Reaction score
935
Age
37
Country
United States

Raw version, looks like a wholesome Anya chapter
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I really wanna know what that little dog is thinking to make Anya freak out
 
Top