Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,513
Reaction score
39,579
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,513
Reaction score
39,579
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Preview of "GreyKeys: Translations from the Demon World" by Natsuki Hokami in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #41:

"Magical City Tokyo! A chaotic magic fantasy featuring different races! Half a century of connection to the demon world. What exactly is a demon language translator?!"


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Masayoshi Satosho author comment for the final chapter of Drawn to the Fire in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

"I may regret my lack of skill, but I have no regrets about what I’ve drawn. Thank you to everyone who read it."



--- Double Post Merged, ---

Shun Numa & Yushin Kuroki author comments for Ura no Report 1st chapter on Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40:

"This new series is made possible thanks to the cooperation of Kuroki sensei. I would be very happy if you enjoy it." by Shun Numa

"Thanks to everyone's support, I'm back with a manga in Jump after a long time! I'll do my best!!" by Yushin Kuroki


 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
1,224
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Normal toc to be honest. Kinda Forgot that me and roboco tend to get color pages as well.

Anyway am curious to see if the September luck happens a forth time with either one or both of these series.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,513
Reaction score
39,579
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I guess Ichi the Witch might end soon? :derp

Shiro Usazaki (Ichi the Witch) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

Ever since I read Kohei Horikoshi's one-shot, I've been thinking to myself that I really need to draw something special, too."



--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Togashi is one step closer to ask AI to write a HxH chapter :XD

Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

"I asked an AI to write a comment for me. I'll stop posting about my health, games, deadlines, self-deprecating thoughts, and other weird daily updates."




--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And Sorachi might actually axe Class 2B by himself lol

Hideaki Sorachi (Class 2B Hero Destroyerz) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

"My Obon break went down the drain because of a cold. Whenever I’m working on a serialized project, I tend to get sick at the most infuriating possible moments."


 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
1,224
Age
28
Country
Brazil
I guess Ichi the Witch might end soon? :derp

Shiro Usazaki (Ichi the Witch) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

Ever since I read Kohei Horikoshi's one-shot, I've been thinking to myself that I really need to draw something special, too."



--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Togashi is one step closer to ask AI to write a HxH chapter :XD

Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

"I asked an AI to write a comment for me. I'll stop posting about my health, games, deadlines, self-deprecating thoughts, and other weird daily updates."




--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And Sorachi might actually axe Class 2B by himself lol

Hideaki Sorachi (Class 2B Hero Destroyerz) author comment in the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #40 of 2026:

"My Obon break went down the drain because of a cold. Whenever I’m working on a serialized project, I tend to get sick at the most infuriating possible moments."


Please to not joke about it, I to not like the idea of someone having to use aí to write a chapter for goodness sake. We already had people use aí drawing to win competitions no need for aí writing as well.
 

KyuKyu555

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
333
Reaction score
196
Age
25
Country
Malaysia
My votes for Issue 37-38 of 2026:
1. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 104
2. Ichi the Witch 94
3. Quit Laughing, Shijima One Shot

4. Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz 16
5. Akane-banashi 218

6. Hunter x Hunter 417
7. One Piece 1190
8. Roku’s House of Oddities 18
9. Animal Signal 10
10. Shinobi Undercover 93
11. Drawn to the Fire 17
12. Ruri Dragon 50
13. Witch Watch 258
14. Hal Formula 9
15. Someone Hertz 45
16. Under Doctor 28
17. Sakamoto Days 271
18. Kinato’s Magic 27
19. Cannon Master 8
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,094
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i don't feel excited by none of this new two series
 

kiyoshibro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2025
Messages
209
Reaction score
240
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think i will skip entirely this batch (maaaaybe i give a shot to Grey Keys series for 10ish chapters for understand the idea behind)
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,015
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
Genuinely.... all these leakers are corny clout chaser atp. Hard to believe any word they said when none of them actually foreseen Modulo's serialization, Hori's new oneshot, Soraichi's return, HxH's exact return date, etc.... all of which are equally hype (esp modulo and Hori's one shot). Now they just "trust me bro" on kubo and akutoenail. Naaaah.

I too, can say that Gotouge is coming back #soon

Also, i am not in OP fandom so I had no idea at all. Did leakers foreseen the latest two movie announcement? (BAAD and the god valley)
 
Last edited:

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Amazon rankings

Kagurabachi 12 - 103/428
Nue's exorcist 16 - 729/2962
Shinobigoto 9 - 1983/4652
Himaten 11 - 1725/4691
Roku 1 4110/8443
2b destroyerz 1 - 81427/8546

hitoner 1 - 198/746
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
I think Ura no Report is poised to be a hit. WSJ has been having hit with horned girls.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
It's incredibly naive to think that Ura will be successful because Ruri Dragon was. If that were the case, Phantom Seer would have been successful because of Jujutsu Kaisen and Kimetsu no Yaiba.
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
We will have to wait and see.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
The people on this forum seem to always be in favor of comedies and against battle shonen (which is what always sold the most in the magazine).
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
The people on this forum seem to always be in favor of comedies and against battle shonen (which is what always sold the most in the magazine).
I don't think any magazine would benefit from having only battle shonen on it. Even if WSJ had 5 Sakamotos, 5 Kagurabachi, 5 Ichi and so would mean nothing and I think it would even have problems with it.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Who sells more?

Robocco or Ichi.

Who is better positioned in the TOC?

Robocco or Ichi.

and it's not a question of only benefiting from battle shonen, but you also can't just keep bringing out comedies.

I think some people should think before talking about benefits.
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
298
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
Who sells more?

Robocco or Ichi.

Who is better positioned in the TOC?

Robocco or Ichi.

and it's not a question of only benefiting from battle shonen, but you also can't just keep bringing out comedies.

I think some people should think before talking about benefits.
So you think they should cancel Roboco? You should be more assertive when saying stuff like that. They brought 3 battle shonens with Canon Master, Under Doctor and Kinato, and 2 sports manga with Hal Formula and Natsu. We don't know how GreyKeys will be, but it can be another battle shonen too.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,335
Age
33
Country
Scotland
What is the most battle heavy the magazine's been, anyway?

I'm wondering if it might even be quite recently. The past magazine was usually very mixed been battle, sports, and gag.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
So you think they should cancel Roboco? You should be more assertive when saying stuff like that. They brought 3 battle shonens with Canon Master, Under Doctor and Kinato, and 2 sports manga with Hal Formula and Natsu. We don't know how GreyKeys will be, but it can be another battle shonen too.
Did I say that Robocco had to be canceled?

Stop defaming people with fake news. What you did last time was enough.
 
Top