Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #42-43 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • One Piece 1193

  • Me & Roboco 297

  • Sakamoto Days 275

  • Witch Watch 262

  • Akane-banashi 222

  • Nue's Exorcist 161

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 108

  • Ichi the Witch 98

  • Shinobi Undercover 97

  • Someone Hertz 49

  • Under Doctor 32

  • Roku's House of Oddities 22

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 20

  • Animal Signal 14

  • Hal Formula 13

  • Cannon Master 12

  • The Ura Files 3

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 2


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,389
Reaction score
39,047
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
3,834
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Why is there a second first place in the upper right?
Uneducated guess but wasn't there an unnamed character popularity poll as well? It could be that.

Funny ass idea, by the way. I wish that one café owner won.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,556
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Some quick overviews:

Roku never fails to make me laugh or at least snort uncontrollably. I’m glad that Nakamura got his hit on his 3rd attempt. Horikoshi really paved the way for all the Nakamuras out there.

Akane: All right, Moue is hands down the best artist in Jump right now. No contest. Dude really knows the art of aura-maxxing. Just incredible stuff. Total chills y’all.

Graykeith has done a good job of convincing me to stick around in 3 chapters. There are some interesting ideas thrown around in this chapter, and I’m really hoping Graykeith picks up that “Kitab al-Ghayb” because anyone with a passing knowledge of Middle Eastern culture will immediately realize that book is rife with Middle Eastern mythology, which is sorely lacking in popular literature.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
3,616
Age
26
Country
United States
ISHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great issue honestly, hard to pick just five. I'm rooting for Greykeith so hard.

1: Akane
2: Roboco
3: Roku
4: Greykeith
5: Hertz
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
773
Reaction score
1,234
Age
25
Country
United States
Guess who’s super duper late on voting again! (it’s fine though cuz of the break):

Issue 42-43 votes:

1. Witch Watch - Really great spin on expectations coming off of last chapter, though I don’t know that this is gonna be the big crisis everyone is expecting it to be; at least, not if the Roswitha we saw in the flashback is the same as the one we’re going to get here.
2. Cannon Master - It’s so dead but it’s dying like a star that shines brightly in its last moments. I had 0 expectations for this author going in but now I really want them back. As for the actual story content of the chapter, the battle is fine and the emotional beats are juicy. I’m not quite ready to say this artist needs to pair up with an author just yet, they can learn from this and start with a zinger next time if they use what they’ve learned.
3. One Piece - It was just a montage of showing off how many things we have left to tackle, but I think it really set the tone for how much we need to tackle before we’re through with Elbaf. At this rate I’m thinking the Heaven realm atop the tree will get relegated to an afterthought the same way that Wano’s undersea area was during post-Wano.
4. Me & Roboco - Surprisingly high, maybe, but in the overall context of what a Roboco chapter can be relative to anything else in the mag, this was pretty great. I have not seen obsession so I cannot remark on that aspect of it much, but it was a good spin for a spooky gag.
5. Nue’s Exorcist - I do appreciate us taking a dedicated amount of time to show of the new girls’ prowess, first with Shitotsu and now with Suo. I assume by default we’ll see Shiroha next, and then maybe cut down to the girls downstairs before getting Gakuro to the top for the big fight.

okay I gotta do my other votes a lot faster since the chapters are out now-

6. Roku’s House of Oddities
7. Under Doctor
8. Akane-banashi (surprising myself with this being down here)
9. Ichi the Witch
10. Hal Formula
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,964
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pure art in Akane this week
 

shonenblue

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2022
Messages
200
Reaction score
260
Country
Mariejoa
Question for you Reborn fans on here, is the anime a good adaptation of the material that it does cover?
 

Aqyurs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2025
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,663
Country
Akatsuki
Fire Emblem Fortune's Weave has completely taken over my life so I haven't checked out much else before today.

Graykeith, my crippling fear of insects and spiders aside, is just so charming. Hokami really knows the balance between introducing pieces of the world and lore to interest the reader without it feeling like there's too much at one time. Naturally putting out a long term goal without it feeling last minute or barely thought out felt really good to see too. Kisaragi and Graykeith's dynamic slowly changing without it feeling like it's going absolutely nowhere. I feel it has the proper balance between comedic moments and being serious. This world feels so alive, and its entirely because these inhabitants are wonderful and distinct weirdos.

and Morisu is literally Feh, I can't escape Fire Emblem no matter where I look

====

Ura Files is also really nice. Not sure if I'd "redeem" the insensitive idiot from chapter 1 so quickly so that Kibitsu could have a bro best bud character, but every romcom needs the idiot bro best bud so I guess it was bound to happen. Everything else though, is hitting. Shun Numa and Yuushin Kuroki have found their stride now and I think they compliment each other really well. Ura and Kibitsu are a good main duo and I like Ura the more we see the way she ticks.

I'm really hoping we get the September miracle again this year with two hits.
 

Mori takai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
182
Reaction score
47
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Question for you Reborn fans on here, is the anime a good adaptation of the material that it does cover?
Let me tell you as Veteran the orginal anime has pretty much zero filler the episodes early on you think are filler are straight from the manga the daily life arc is like 80 chapters the anime adapts about 19 episodes worth of it before becoming action and while there is no filler there are filler arcs but they where written by akira amano and are pretty much canon how do I know this well it was this VERY site Mangahelpers that had magazine scans at the time that confirmed this and should still be at the old REBORN anime thread if it still exists Katekyo Hitman reborn is a LOT like dragon ball in that it started out as gag series but turned action nobody knows why but it wasn't because of low sales or anything even during its daily life chapters it always ranked pretty on the TC when I was still actives the only dips I guess ( but not really a dip it wasn't even in the bottom 5 ) are the Natio Long champ chapters because people in japan didn't like him ( I thought he was funny to be honest and don't get the hate) in any case Aamano herself just decided one day to go the action route I think she explains the reason in volume 8 tho I'm sure someone can confirm that.
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
121
Reaction score
223
Age
23
Country
United States
Such a cool KaguraBachi chapter man Hokazono really knows how to give a character such bad ass introductions.
 
Last edited:

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
703
Reaction score
1,894
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
What a fantastic issue of Jump, great way to end the 2 week drought. We have to talk about Akane, this might be one of the most unique chapters Jump has done in my memory — doing some editorial tricks and going for the bold color page choice is incredible, let alone what else was going on in these spreads. Moue, we will be talking about your art for years to come. Roku and Ura Files are so funny, it's really filling the soon to be empty void Witch Watch will leave. I was in stitches laughing at Roku today man, it's so so funny. Pretty chapter for the Someone Hertz first anniversary as well. Kagurabachi and Nue also back on the action grind. Gakuro is so cool now, it's actually astonishing how effortless it comes across now and reminds me of bits of Bleach and older action shonen with protagonists who put up feats to match the aura they emit. Good to see the Kagurabachi arc speed up a little, like I don't think the pacing is particularly awful but between the health breaks and reduced page count chapters it's been dragging for a weekly reader. I do hope we get to actually spend some more time with each swordmaster in the flashback before we end the arc. I also really liked Hal and Under Doctor's ability to tell very contained emotional arcs, I'm really hoping for these two to pull through. 2-B as well, it's really flipped a switch and I think it's worth keeping longer. I genuinely think public opinion can change on it given time...but alas, we'll probably not get that. Lastly, charming chapters from everything else. Animal Signal was pretty funny too, I can see it working now that it has a clearer goal. Cannon Master really feels like it's getting somewhere too, but I don't know anymore tbh...readers feel fickle about this I fear. Graykeith is winning me over rapidly, I'm just putting this outside my top 5 (brutal picks this week!) and I'm excited to keep seeing where it goes now it's hinting at a longer term plot goal.


Top 5:
1) akane banashi
2) roku's house of oddities
3) hal formula
4) under doctor
5) class 2-b
 

needtorelax

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
26
Country
Cobra
Is cannon master really wrapping up in a couple of chapters? this chapter gave me a tiny sliver of hope that it won't be two volumes at least. also wow they finally added a named female

Does zoro putting on his bandana count as fanservice? I'm definitely shallow enough to get excited by that alone for the next chap.

Really wish I didn't see that akane page spoiler😭 That soba callback was sick

It was kind of obvious how that entire ichi chapter was gonna play out but kumugi always deserves more moments to shine.

For sakamoto I really wish the kid and wife had more screentime in the story. Always preferred them over lu in the early parts and yes her return already puts the chapter ahead of the pack

Amazing:Akane,Sakamoto Days, Ichi
Bretty gud:Kagurabachi, Roku, Roboco, Hal, Cannon,Kiyoshi, One Piece, graykeith
It was okay:Under Doctor, 2b, Animal signal
 
Top