Shounen Akane-Banashi by Yuuki Suenaga & Takamasa Moue

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,151
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Akane-Banashi










​



Author : Moue Takamasa (art) and Suenaga Yuuki (story)
Genre : Comedy, Shounen, Drama, Performing arts
Magazine : Weekly Shonen Jump ( Shueisha)
Status : Ongoing


Synopsis :
Rakugo—the ultimate form of storytelling, where everything in a story is expressed with just your body and words. Shinta and his daughter Akane have been seduced by this wonderful form of classical entertainment. Having observed her father strive to pass the shin'uchi rakugo test, Akane will take her own steps into this unique world!​

(source : Manga Plus)​
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
1,967
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm here to spread Akane-supremacy
:confetti
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Here's a Jugemu presentation. Her speed is what I imagine Akane did in the first round of the Karakul Cup.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Can confirm this is a very good and refreshing manga. Wasn’t aware of japanese storytelling before this

defo a good read
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,151
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Vol 2 cover :



yeah I love too, so far this manga, the mc is fun and refreshing, and as a Chihayafuru fan, i like any manga that features a traditional/typical (Japanese or not) art. WSJ was lacking that kind of manga, I just hope quality wont drop.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Akane has grown of me. One of the best starts for any shonen I remember lately.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
When the last chapter will be animated, I feel it will have the potential to blow the internet. Maikeru’s emotions really came through
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
1,967
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I said that I was going to post here the video from Maikeru's rakugo being performed but I forgot to do it. I did it just on the WSJ thread.

Now, here it is.

 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Finally caught up with this series - am a big fan
There's really not much that I dislike from this manga - the characters are great, varied and nuanced (even the 'villains' have legit reasons for all they do - and help explain the dynamics between the different groups)

the art is spot on and the plot is interesting

Half of me really would love an anime adaptation - and the other half can see it really failing to do justice to the series (and having immense difficulty in capturing the feeling that the manga offers without making rakugo appear cheesy and boring)
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Ayoooo Issho is styling on people now. The art is amazing !
 
Top