Mashima-sensei is to washed for that, he will just destroy the series just like he's doing with fairy tail. Fuck even his art is atrocious.
Yeah, this would probably the case. Sadly
I really miss the old days where Mashima made good mangas like Rave or the peak times of Fairy Tail
Ueda-sensei should be in charge of fairy tail ngl. Better art but I really don't like the gold owl art . Labyrinth arc art was good
Imo his art style is currently better than Mashimas. But Mashimas old art style is still one of the best ones and also better than Uedas.
I really don't understand how he could change his art so much and that in a really terrible way lol
Sad part is,FT has so much potential.The World Hiro created has tons of guilds,gods,other dimensions/worlds,shit tons of unseen continents etc etc
Yep, FT world has so much potential it's a real shame that Mashima never showed us really much of it. We don't even saw the other countries of Ishgar
I like dragons overall and the dragon designs in FT are one of the best ones and I am really glad that the anime never used CGI (so far) for them.
But the focus on dragons are too much especially in FT100YQ and I don't like it all.
Imo the 5 "dragon gods" should have been different races or extreme dangerous mages. Only one or two of them should be a dragon.
- Ignia could be the dragon
- Viernes could be an extrem powerful alchemist who created a machina which he can use as an avatar. Like Dead End Crow from EZ.
- Mercphobia could be an Fishman who learned dragon powers or god powers and turned into a dragon/god. He could be like Poseidon Nero from EZ and Anchor could be his son or something like that.
- Aldoron either a dragon or a other race who mastered the nature magic
- Selene could be a real goddess instead of a dragon
- Dogramag an ancient real demon and not an etherion created from Zeref or Faris
- The "Sun dragon god" could be a former half dragon (like Wed) who learned God Slayer magic and turned into a god with that he would be a mix between dragon, god and human or demon or an other race.
It's because the series had fallen off (my headcanon).
They saw the disaster that was GMG and decided FT just wasn't worth the production value anymore.
Season 2 was a slideshow because that's what it rightfully deserved. Coincidentally the only scenes they animated well involved future Rouge and Mard Geer, because they were the only things worth a damn in x791.
Not sure about season 3 cause I skipped that shit.
That was my intial thought, too, but I remember someone at the time said the 2014 era of the series actually had a marginally higher budget per episode than the 2009 era. The reason the animation quality declined was more because they had a much tighter production schedule, TV Tokyo wanted the rest of the GMG airing ASAP. Basically it was just a rush job, and like you say they focused their best efforts on the big set piece fights, but at the expense of having barely animated scenes to pad out episodes.
80-90% of the animes since 2014 or 2015 are animated really bad. Especially some animes compared to their manga versions and imo the reasons are of course the budget but also the popularity shueisha mangas will probably get more budget than the animes which manga comes from another magazine/publisher.
Another main reason is imo also social media and the official streaming sites like Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc. The anime studios have much more projects but they don't have the budget, time and workers to make a good anime anymore. Everything because they have much more deadlines because of the pressure they get from the streaming sites.
The last reason are the readers, and the social media I mentioned. If many people dislike or hate something than the chances are very high that this manga will either never get an anime adaption or a bad one. Fairy Tail or rather Mashimas mangas overall are good examples. It's not a secret that Mashima and especially Fairy Tail got extreme hate for reasons I never understand tbh. Because many shonens are the same and had the same bad treatment in their final arcs so I never really understand the hate. But imo this hate and the hate or dislike of many other manga are reasons too why many of them never got an anime adaption or a bad one.
Especially if they have many other projects because of the streaming sites, then they will use more budget and time for animes where the fanbase is higher.
Before social media and offcial streaming sites were in hype and so big the times in the internet were much better, the animes and mangas had also a better quality.
Many new mangas get axed after 10-20 chapters because the readers these days are different. Many people forget that shonen mangas especially shonens like Naruto, Fairy Tail, One Piece, etc need their time. The build up is important. I think many people are not able to wait for that anymore. They want action or crazy plot twist at the beginning of the manga, etc.
I also think that if Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail would be mangas from this time they would be axed too.
Maybe I am wrong with some of these things but I still think that some of the things are true and the reasons behind the things we got in the last 10-12 years.