Shoujo D·N·Angel by Sugisaki Yukiru

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Welcome to the D·N·Angel Discussion Thread!

There we got the good news and have no thread for it, gnaah. DNAngel will finally get finished after a release break of three long years. This was currently confirmed by the Japanese publishing company. It will be back in Monthly Asuka starting with the March issue on February 23. If you don't know this Shoujo manga - shame on you. This is definitely embrassing, so hurry and check it out before anyone notice^^;

DNAngel is a classic and one of the best known Shoujo manga/anime worldwide. Not only storywise - which is simply addicting - but also because it was one of the early Shoujo manga getting published in western countries. All 11 volumes up to the hiatus are completely published in languages like e.g. Korean, Chinese, Spanish, English, Polish, Italian, Swedish, French and German since the late 90ies and/or early Millenium.




Title: D·N·Angel
Authored by SUGISAKI Yukiru
Serialized in 月刊 ASUKA (あすか) (since 11/1997)
Demo: Shōjo
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Kaitō, Romance, Supernatural, Mystery, School Life
Japanese Release: 11 Volumes
Edited Manga: ongoing
Age Ranking: Teenagers

Summary (from Tokyopop):
Daisuke Niwa is an ordinary, if slightly unlucky, middle school student. On his fourteenth birthday, he comes down with a 'condition' that has plagued the men in his family for three hundred years. When he sees his crush, Risa, he transforms into his alter ego, the phantom thief Dark Mousy. Unfortunately, when Dark Mousy sees his crush, Risa's twin Riku, he transforms back into Daisuke. The only cure for this craziness is if Daisuke can get Risa to fall in love with him ...

Note: If you like the manga, see also for the DNA Anime!
The anime is completed with 26 episodes and of course, the ending is different from the manga story. But still it's cute and the soundtrack is just awesome. I mean, come on girls - who wouldn't love the artist of the vocal songs?

:luv :luv :luv
You can hear and see the opening song here at Veoh, surely one of the best anime songs in history. The slow piano version is amazing as well. Go and grab yourself the OST.
... ehem, back to the topic >.>;

Resources: DNA@wikipedia, DNA@mangaupdates, DNA@ann, DNA Gallery@Minitokyo



Groups:
Chapter 001-012 (Vol 01-04) by Aku Tenshi in 2001-2003
Chapter 001-008 (Vol 01-03) by Inane in 2003-2005
Chapter 0??-0?? (Vol 06-07) by V-chan's Edited Mangas in 2003-2004
Chapter 0??-0?? (Vol 10-11) by Gensokyo in 2006-2007
Vol 5, 8 and 9 scanlated but I have no clue by whom, will check that out. In any case, you'll find all volumes till the hiatus fully scanlated online besides this series is licensed and uptodate released in many countries.


Download Sources
Lurk (IRC; Full volumes and RAW volumes)
Stoptazmo (DDL; Single chapters)
Evil Empire (Freehosts; Full volumes)

Also, check out our [Raws] Monthly Asuka thread for possible new scans :)

Now let's look forward together to the new and final releases of this great manga! :luv
 
Last edited:

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: D·N·Angel

OMG, seriously, the 23rd? So soon?! I didn't realise it was this soon, this is brilliant. I've been waiting forever to see how this ends, it's such a great series.
 

Sunshine

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
10
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
Re: D·N·Angel

I began to read it just a few weeks ago and if I don't really like shojos in general, this one is really good.....so that's a very good news! Thanks a lot :)
 

TaiLss89

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: D·N·Angel

Yeah! This is like one of my favourite manga !! so happy there are gonna be new chapters =D
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: D·N·Angel

I just finished catching up on this series i heard it was coming back and had been meaning to read it so i just gave it a shot :-)

This is one of my favorite manga's now :-) just below Vampire Knight lol
 

NinjAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: D·N·Angel

I just checked out Asuka's site, and lookie what I found~



Yay for the cover~ Now, all we gotta do is wait for the scans.
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: D·N·Angel

That cover looks great, I can't wait to start reading this again.
 

NinjAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: D·N·Angel

You can kinda tell lit's been a few years since the last release. But, I like it. O_O *turn...away...from...scan...can't...no...*

SO! Let's start a discussion while waiting for the scans~ Um...well, let's have a slightly generic discussion about the title. But, not just the WORD "D.N.Angel." What about the design? What's so special about the title? What do you think it means? I've heard three different ideas:

DNA + Angel, and
Daisuke Niwa + Angel, and
Dark+ Niwa + Angel

I like the first, followed by the second, followed by the third. And, as far as the design...that circle seems to be linking the two, but what about that thing with the "N"? I don't get that...

OPINIONS! XD
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: D·N·Angel

I always thought the first one, since it was in his DNA but I had heard that Sugisaki had included the second one. No idea on the third, I like the first two most as well. I can see what you mean about the circle, I never thought about the title design much before and I have to say, the N is weird.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: D·N·Angel

Hm, I don't know any offical statements about the name but I always saw it as a pun of DNA and Angel. It simply fits the content of the story the best and is also an eye catcher. It was the title which catched my interest first in several articles about the "new coming" Japanese comics, I saw the artwork later.

DNAngel is one of the very few Manga that I know before I considered myself a Fan of those ^^;
 

megafan999

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: D·N·Angel

Does anyone know where to get volume 7 chapter 4 by Prowider? I saw the release a while back on mangaupdates, but I can't seem to find it :S
 

alekzu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: D·N·Angel

DNAngel was the first manga I really fell for. And it's still one of my favourites. I am so glad it's finally back! :woo
 

Lycoris

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: D·N·Angel

DNAngel was the first manga I really fell for. And it's still one of my favourites. I am so glad it's finally back! :woo

Fruits Basket was the first one I fell for but this followed straight afterwards. Similarly glad to see it back at last, since I bought volume 11 last January. It's been such a long wait.
 

NinjAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: D·N·Angel

First time-things are always fun. I can't remember the first manga I "fell for." Um...Sailor Moon, probably. That was a LONG time ago. Feels like it, anyway...

BUT. The first time I saw D.N.Angel was in a Tokyopop preview collection-thing. It was one of the first ones in there, and I just LOVED it. I'm not sure why, but...hm. I've "fallen for" other manga since then (as diverse as Naruto and Gravitation), but D.N.Angel is just sort of stuck in the top spot. ^_^

Actually...it was D.N.Angel and Naruto that gave me "NinjAngel." XD
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: D·N·Angel

I love the new chapter after the hiatus! :luv
Ehem ... for those who missed it, mewtant_x scanned the first two parts of the 120 pages long chapter :nuts
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23295

Asuka also had an small DNAngel Illustrations booklet as extra item. The pics are all old ones, so I think it's enough to scan just a few pages. Still, I'm especially happy about the middle page, it's my favorite artwork of all DNAngel images - which is why I choosed that cover for the first post!!

*has it placed on her shelf wide open* :love

Cover:


Index:


Middle (double) page:

Gaaaaah! :fangirl
 
Last edited:

lyk_ly

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 23, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Re: D·N·Angel

DN Angel really is a great manga, it's good that it's back from the long hiatus.. :D
im really glad, can't wait for the succeeding chapters..
 

oddsocks

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: D·N·Angel

I was wondering, are there any people actually translating the new chapter? I'm willing to wait, cause it is like 100+ pages, and my Japanese is just....
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: D·N·Angel

Yes, we have a (halfway done) translation which can be used for Edited Mangas. So far, nobody announced to do it, though. I'm working fulltime currently, so no time to do it (alone at least).

Well, maybe this weekend. I'll see what I can do :)
 

oddsocks

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: D·N·Angel

Cool! Thanks so much. Have waited sooooo long for this series to come back. :D
 

NinjAngel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: D·N·Angel

eni, you have no idea how awesome you are. Just thought I'd let that out there. XD

Well, I've waited this long. I can wait a bit longer~
 
Top