Shoujo Kobato by CLAMP

PrincessSakura67

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2008
Messages
111
Reaction score
14
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Come here to discuss what's happening in the Kobato manga.


Kobato by CLAMP
Use this link to search for raws, translations and Edited Mangas easily!

About the series:
Hanato Kobato is a cute girl who has a mission: fill up a mysterious bottle she carries with her in order to grant her wish. For that mission, she's counting with Ioryogi's help, a little blue dog who seems very cute but who has a terrible foul mouth and bad manners. Now, Kobato-chan has to heal the people whose hearts are wounded. The only problem is that she doesn't really know how to do it. The more people/hearts she heals, the more her bottle fills itself. She only needs to take care to not fall in love with the person she's healing. For what purpose Kobato needs to fill that bottle? Who sent her for this mission? Will she succeed?

About the authors:
A group of female mangakas very successful with series like xxxHolic, CardCaptor Sakura or Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.

It's clear now that Kobato's starting to like him. But..I just hope he feels the same way. But apparently he likes Sayaka-sensei so I don't see this going anywhere for a while..at least not until Kobato actually realizes she's starting to fall in love xD She's so cute when she doesn't understand something.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
I started reading it.
:luv That's so cute and sweet :luv
I nearly died from hyperglycemia.
The comedy works so well. The art is so pretty :gigglebunny Actually, I realize now that I have never had a good look at Clamp. The artist drawing Kobato has one of the finest art for mangas.
Good dynamics between the characters especially between Kobato and the stuffed animal.
I am not too much into pathos story, but the rest works so well that I will try to read the rest and the final purpose after filling the bottle intrigues me.

Side note: Biergarten in volume 1, I did not know that was popular in Japan. Reminds me of good times.
 
Last edited:

MissYuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Kobato is such a sweet series. CLAMP has such a talent with their manga that I really cannot tell you any that I have not grown to love. Its a great series!
Love you CLAMP!!
 

birleywhirligig

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
I love the little crossovers everywhere, they make me squeal and wear silly grins when I read Kobato, which itself, is pure cotton candy... *dance of joy*

What do you think Sayaka-sensei is trying to say to her ex-husband anyways, by keeping his surname? For some odd reason... I find myself quite liking Okiura... I have no idea why... now that I'm thinking about it, has CLAMP ever done a character like him?
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yey! KOBATO! i've only read until chapter 15 where Kobato is already confused about Fujimoto does anyone know when the next chapter will be released? or if it has already been released?

i love the story... it's light, but it'll keep you glued... she may look like Sakura, and Fujomoto slightly resembles grown-up Syaoran - or was i only imagining things? Anyway, resemblance or no resemblance, it's good how this manga differs a lot from CcS or from any CLAMP manga... but i like Fujimoto and sayaka more... fujimoto and kobato? can it be kobato and ioryogi instead? fufufufufu.... Still, i love it... can't wait for more... :p
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
What do you think Sayaka-sensei is trying to say to her ex-husband anyways, by keeping his surname? For some odd reason... I find myself quite liking Okiura... I have no idea why...
I think she still loves Okiura despite him pestering them to close down the kindergarten.
He could have protecting her, only in a different method than Fujimoto's.

Btw, I find it this manga has odd way numbering each of its chapter. (i.e. exam no., drop no.)
I love Ioryogi and his friends, Ginsei & Genko, especially when they are at Genko's baumkuchen.
On one of the chapters where Ginsei & Ioryogi where talking one night, there seems they have some human-like shadow. I love to know what they look like before they turned into animal form.
Last chapter I've read was drop 22b where the angel Kohaku make appearance and talks with Ginsei.

I hope the series is more frequent in release because the anime has already ended with a happy ending. Still I want to know how it will end in the manga & there are still some left unanswered.
 
Top