Shounen Pandora Hearts by Mochizuki Jun

Pandora Hearts: 19th century or 18th century?

  • 19th century

    Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 18th century

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Only the author knows it! xD

    Votes: 19 51.4%

  • Total voters
    37

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States


Name: Pandora Hearts
Author: Mochizuki Jun
Serialized in: GFantasy (Square Enix) and Yen Plus (Yen Press) (English)


Summary:
Oz Bezarius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. Why was he cast into Abyss, how does Alice factor into it all, and what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him...? -from Storm in Heaven-

Pandora Hearts at MH
Read Pandora Hearts here: MangaFox or OneManga

Edited Manga Progress: Chapter 39 has been released by the Black Abyss

Now let's Discuss ^_^

(just tell me if I missed anything)
 
Last edited:

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I have only watch the anime. Though usually i will check the manga if the first few episodes caught me interested.

And so far i have only manage to watch up to ep 5 or 6 i think. Maybe it is not my cup of tea. Although i am curious about the mysterious blonde guy that Oz encounter on every single Alice's memory. And what is his relation to all of them.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have read the manga but I found out its too difficult to understand (perhaps Im too stupid). I love its artwork n fairy tale style.

btw, does it belong to Shounen type?
yes, it has been categorized as a shounen everywhere I have looked.
 

Heat Salamance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
YES!!! A Pandora Hearts Thread!!! Now I finally have someone to rant my fandom too! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D Has anyone read the newest Pandora Hearts yet? Oh and what is so confusing about the manga? I can read it just fine... Though there are parts that just don't make sense some times... (I'm too lazy to look them up right now...)
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yup, I just had to make a Pandora Hearts thread, cause one it has to be my second favorite manga (right after DGM)
yes I've read the lastest PH and I can't wait till the next chapter (i've seen the raws, it looks really really good ^_^) Probably one reason why it's so confusing(to some) is that a bunch of the questions don't get answered right away, but I recommend anyone read this.
 

Heat Salamance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I agree! I agree! Pandora Hearts is such a good manga! I like it so much... I've read the last chapter posted one onemanga, I was so excited for the next chapter! Oz meets up with Eliot again!! But this time Gilbert and Alice are around to see the interaction between Oz and Eliot, and what caused the big chance with Oz! Yea... I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!! @_@ *spazzes out* ...*not really*
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
man 38 just was released and now I really want to read 39, I think it's going to be really good. We just saw another fragment of Jack's soul so I wonder how many there are, who knows how much, maybe hundreds (though I don't think so)
 

Heat Salamance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
(Finally caught up.) I'm curious too. I wonder how Jack's soul got shattered. I mean losing one's memories is NOT the same as losing pieces of one soul... Wah, I'm curious!!! But one thing is for sure, Oz + giant scythe = SCARY!!!!
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know, I read on wikipedia like two months ago that he got the giant scythe and ever since then I have been looking for raws and just waiting for the chapter with the scythe to come out ^_^ so now I am happy and I know that chapter 39 is coming out on Saturday(according to The Black Abyss) though I think it might be more of Gil and Jack, maybe Alice will meet up with Oz, Elliot, and Reo.

okay so this I wrote on another forum but it's not really active so I will just put it here too.

talking about how Alice became a chain and if Jack had a chain, just like how Break wanted to change the past what if Jack also wanted to change something, like for example change the fact that Alice was alive again, so that's what the chain did(who I think is the orginal B-Rabbit) and so the B-Rabbit possesed Alice's body or something like that and made her a chain.

Oh also I just thought this up. Oz's sin is for existing right, so what if his mother got pregnant with him w/o her doing anything. (if you guys get what I am saying here)
 

Heat Salamance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hey, does anyone know how far Japan is in the Pandora Hearts series? And about Alice, I always figured that since Alice and the Will of the Abyss are twins the Black Blood-stained Rabbit was th e manifestation of Alice's Abyss power. It would actually be kinda sad (as in depressing sad) if Jack made the same mistake as Break. Jack doesn't seem like the person to go around killing people to get to the Will of the Abyss.

Oh and about Oz's existence, how can it be a sin for someone to exist and if it is wouldn't be the parents' fault not the kid. Like the kid has any control over whether or not he/she comes into existance. I seriously doubt that Oz was born with a virgin mom.... That's too godly... *is Christian* But, that my personal belief.

PS: YEA FOR GIANT SCYTHES!!!! :D Oh and does anyone know when the next Pandora Hearts comes out and its updating cycle?
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
the next issue is on August 18th ^ ^

and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...

and lolz I feel sorry for Vincent!! poor pervert!!
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I'm two chapters behind thanks to summer break, gaah!

This manga is superb. I really love it. It comes very close to why I used to adore DGM and that's a good thing. Also, just like Black Butler, it's frequently giving fanservice for BL fangirls... that can't be bad >.>

Is anyone watching the anime as well?
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
this manga is also one that gives the same feeling of DGM, which makes me happy!! I didn't watch the amine yet, I'm being lazy lately I guess.....

some hidden yaoi-ish panels here and there can be exiting, though I think they're more obvious in Kuroshitsuji, many time I thought Ceil and Sebas are about to kiss....

I have the feeling that this manga wont be a long running one, like 70 chapters or so maybe...
 

Heat Salamance

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
and I think that the father realized the true nature of his child after he was born somehow, he always knew that one day he will and must be dragged to the Abyss in order to prevent the will of Abyss from causing another disaster after learning that Oz is the container of Jack, and thus he stayed at a distance from his child trying to get very attached to him and be all heart broken when he's gone...

I still have no idea what Lasie is or what connection Eliot has with Glen, Eliot said he wrote that melody, makes him sound like Glen, now I'm confused, is Eliot the new Glen's body after he failed getting Gil's body 100 years ago or is he still after Gill? coz it was said that for Glen's transferring to succeed he needs to move all 5 chains in him to the new body, and Gill has Raven now...
You may be right about the father thing; too bad it left such a bad mark on Oz. And I have no idea about Lasie too. It could be she was part of the circle of friends that Jack and Glen were. Anyways, I always figured that Eliot was the reincarnation of Glen. And when did they say that Glen wanted Gill's body?! I don't remember that!!!
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
You may be right about the father thing; too bad it left such a bad mark on Oz. And I have no idea about Lasie too. It could be she was part of the circle of friends that Jack and Glen were. Anyways, I always figured that Eliot was the reincarnation of Glen. And when did they say that Glen wanted Gill's body?! I don't remember that!!!
It was in the last chapter, http://www.onemanga.com/Pandora_Hearts/39/10/ (this page and a few once after it), though it was Alice's story, I think it was the true thing not a lie, and Glen waited exactly 100 years to start doing weird stuff again, but still he planned it with the Barma woman to convince Vincent to open the door of Abyss, wonder why is that...
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
This manga is great,the plot and art is amazing. It also carefully balance humor and mystery. Oh, and great news for the newest volume. It breaks 100k mark on the first week when the previous volume need two weeks to even break 80k mark. I'm so glad this is getting more popular not only here but also in Japan.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hello. You recommended Pandora Hearts three times, and twice I was disgusted.

Well, you have caught me. I'm on-board the fandom.

I read up to the latest chapter on OM. Very weird and interesting. Jack Vessalius and Gilbert are both my fav chars. I find it good that Oz is getting more detailed. I wonder what is the deal with Glen's chains?
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
For those from Indonesia, Elex Media will release Pandora Hearts starting this or next month. Also, they will release two other GFantasy manga, Kuroshitsuji and Nabari no O. Looks like they just got a deal with GFantasy. Hope more Square Enix manga will be released here.
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ahhhh the mysteries of manga series ^_^ . . .I just realized the next chapter comes out tomorrow ^_^ yay!

And with we will learn more about Oz's father and why he hates him so, and hopefully more about Elliot cause I like Elliot and Reo, though I think Reo(or Leo) seems a little suspicious since we can't really see his face through the glasses so he might be important later on(though I'm not really sure since her seemed so nice to the orphans, most likely since he was there too)
 
Top