Discussion 526's Reveals/Breakdown

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
So this isn't a review, critique, bash, defending or regular chapter rate, I'm just going make sense of what we found out from 526 cause bias, dislike, anger (happens to all of us) can interfere with context. Like look at 514, there was probably an entire page's worth of discussion on whether or not Lucy sharing her body heat with Natsu was appropriately placed, fanservice, a nalu moment etc which leads to no elite posts in the chapter discussion. This chapter was alot of things for me so I'm just going to break down mostly everything that's actually important in the chapter. I didn't wanna put it in the discussion thread cause it's not really a type discussion comment lol. Whatever interests you click on the tab.

Firstly I can say I deff don't like this route but rereading the Kagura vs. Larcade chapters I get it.



I swear on everything I remember I had commented why is August giving Jellal story time after rocking him and CS, I mean the lead up to it was alright. Jellal was comparing Erza to his "light" he found, since we all know that was why he got led out from the darkness that Ultear once brainwashed him on which started the whole 8 year event of building the Tower of Heaven occurred. August was saying that Jellal's theory of "light" being "good" was shallow since even someone of "light" can be evil. Kagura said in 508 referring to Larcade that she couldn't believe someone of light could follow Zeref, basically calling him a hypocrite. This was an insightful look which is something Invel also brought up about to Gray with the whole darkness talk, how even good people have it. This passage August referred to himself as we know now.


This panel right here is probably why I agree with @The President post on August. I like his speeches or when he talks most of the time cause he has an insightful look at alot of things, love which is being said here. Why the theory of One Magic being love is probably the what the endgame is for it. August's character when first introduced and from when Brandish explained it to Natsu and Lucy was that if there was anyone who was the most loyal of the 12 towards Zeref it was him. He scolded Brandish that to be a 12 they have to give their life, body, mind all to Zeref. He took that shit seriously and you understand why now lowkey.



Lol looking back on these chapters are funny cause it obv was meant to be Larcade. @Axiomus said it all here, I had no problems with Irene suppressing Erza for 400 years, August can literally be a child of magic. Did Mavis and Zeref has sex, Larcade's Pleasure said they did. Is it possible just from them both having the Curse of Ankhseram and for them to kiss forbiddingly which contracted August's body of magic in Mavis' womb? I mean wouldn't be surprised. When though August's inception happened people probably wanted to get an idea of...? Look at the Zero timeline:



Zeref said he named August after the month of the time he spent with Mavis last. Which the date was August X697. It's the only date that can not be a plot hole. Mavis and Zeref met 3 times:
  • Jan-April X686 - Mavis meets Zeref in the pond/teaches him and other magic
  • March X696 - Mavis meets Zeref in the forest, tells her she got cursed
  • August X697 - Zeref finds Mavis, kiss/sex/magic baby creation, Mavis goes into a coma, Zeref takes her to Precht, August is found with life in her body
Mavis ran away from the guild hall and she said it was 1 year past from last seeing everyone. It was never a date defined when her and Zeref met past April X697. Now we know it was August X697 when they met/kiss/sex/magic baby creation.



Lastly, August is an old dude. Old people who have lived past 100 years besides immortals were Warrod and Hades. Warrod turned into a tree, Hades had Grimiore Heart to empower him. Makarov was 89 when he died so he was the oldest really in FT so far we know of. Theory is August met Zeref around the time he helped saved Irene, which would make great sense since Zeref, before sleeping on Tenrou, was wandering between both Alvarez and Ishgar, getting captial for his empire and doing Zeref things. He's been planning the Empire since before X697, which he told Mavis first of his start to build one for war or Acnologia.

This one was something I was very interested in, so Larcade turned out to be a Book of Zeref, who was just basically the strongest failed Natsu clone. I did want something else besides being an Etherious since you already have Bloodman who is either a Demon/Etherious, but even if I dislike the route of this it makes sense since it's been foreshadowed almost 100 chapters ago:



@Cat Sidhe26 pointed this out to me awhile ago, all those cocoons were in fact the Larcade failed rejects/mistakes Zeref went through to create Natsu. Larcade said to Sting that Natsu can consider Zeref his father as well, well yeah they're both Etherious, both created the same way which is why Larcade carries the same scent as Natsu. Even if being an Etherious isn't a new route it makes sense so you can't even be mad about that. It makes you wonder, the Spriggan 12 have Etherious, Dragons, OP old mages, machines, time, matter, teleportation among them. Plot armor forever undefeated lol.

Obviously if August is done (I doubt it but can't even be sure) it would be super super super lame, terrible fight since August has literally taken no damage at all so one punch, don't care if it's wrong Gildarts or not.. only Acnologia can do that gracefully, would be dumb to take him out... but this has been an immensely better fight than Erza vs. Irene, Laxus vs. Wall because everything has been actually explained and the logic is very simple to get behind which sometimes simplicity is a better route for shonens. @Belserion had made a funny comment about how many times August is going to dodge Cana's cards which I thought was funny but this chapter actually (he still can just destroy them cause he's August but whatever) was dodging him.



August uses the highest form of Copy Magic. Not only does he take it from whoever is front of him, he can nullify it's power so it won't even work on him. Don't get me wrong this is a dry route but again it makes sense. August was born with crazy magical intellect where he even knew of Mavis and Zeref just from his memories, "magic" was explained to be this but Fairy Heart (strongest weapon in FT to date) and Zeref (strongest mage of all time) created him so it's not hard to believe.



I actually like his weakness is holder type magic, or he can't copy them. Caster Magic is something imbued in a mage, Holder type simply is concrete material. It's like copying a tool or sword. So I did like this explanation alot and it's good for August, or anything mage, to have a weakness. Same thing with Gildarts prosthetic arm, Crash is mainly a melee type of Caster Magic like how DSM has alot of melee like Fire Dragon Fist, Sky Dragon Wing attack and stuff like that. So in truth Gildarts landing a hit on him in close range was good, he should at least do something to August (August should still be able to destroy dude but you know, plot). One thing I wonder was the flash back of August fire pillar... did he really copy Natsu' Fire DSM? Going off Gildarts' words it looks like it.

All in all, idek how I felt on the chapter lol. August being their kid felt like Hiro said "sike" or a retcon but looking back at previous chapters made me say 'true' alot. I can dislike something easily or hate what route something is going along but if it makes sense or I understand how this came to be you can't even mad.
 
Top