Seinen Reinouryokusha Odagiri Kyouko no Uso by Kaitani Shinobu

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

Reinouryokusha Odagiri Kyouko no Uso
Genre: Psychological, Comedy, Drama
Serialized: Business Jump
Summary and Preview:
Reinouryokusha Odagiri Kyouko no Uso ( The Psychic Odagiri Kyouko's Lies ) by Kaitani Shinobu. Odagiri uses her intellect to solve criminal cases and uses the cover as a psychic to put on performances while revealing the criminal. How long will she be able to keep her act going until she is discovered?
Releases from TDX
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
TDX's new release for chapter 2 is up now. :)

Its refreshing to see something different series from the mangaka. After reading the 2 chapters, I must say that the setting and mood of the story is simple and some scenes have nice bit of humour.
Though it seems Taniguchi and Kyoko's personality is different here from what I expected and watched from the live-action drama, I hope I would enjoy more of the cases the main characters solve in the manga.
 

TemplateR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
883
Reaction score
244
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It sounds like the US TV Series Psych.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think the criminals are obvious since there's a limited amount of characters in any given chapters. The scenarios so far are predictable but I doubt that will last long. I'm hoping for some longer arcs as the story progresses. I do like the comedy, and the main character reminds me of Fukunaga in some wired way.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Chapter 3 was so good, it's classic Shinobu story telling. I knew the wife was planning something right at the middle. With that face held down and shady talking to her husband I knew she was up to something. Odagiri reading Liar Game made my day. Great ending to this chapter, I want to see more stories like this.
 
Top