Seinen Uchuu Kyoudai by KOYAMA Chuuya

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi


Uchuu Kyouda
By: KOYAMA Chuuya
Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy
Serialized In: Morning
Mangaupdates

One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

Co-Winner of the 2011 Kodansha and Shogakukan Awards
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: [Featured] Uchuu Kyoudai by KOYAMA Chuuya

I liked the first chapter. The plot has a lot of potential and I like the art style. There isn't much I can say beyond that. I can't wait for chapter 2.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured] Uchuu Kyoudai by KOYAMA Chuuya

I thought it was funny, the humor really stood out. Mutta is pathetically hilarious. Anyone who head butts there boss is win in my book.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just read chapter 2. I'm really liking Mutta's character. I'm interested in how he is going to catch up and surpass his brother. Should be a tough road, but Mutta will make it funny somehow lol.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I like Mutta too. He's such a dufus it's easy to root for him. Wouldn't it be hilarious if he got hired by JAXA, but they decided to give him a desk job instead if sending him into space.

Being a dufus may have gotten him noticed at JAXA. How epic is it that compulsively fiddling with a screw got the interest of one of the interviewers. I'd like to see where this goes. I'd also like to see more of Kenju and the as yet unnamed woman too.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
"Now I've got nothing to lose." is Mutta's idea of positive thinking lol.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, talk about setting the bar low for yourself. But then this is the guy who was fired for head butting his boss -_-;
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Nice recommendation, it's sad there is only so few chapters yet. The competition between the 2 brothers is really nice. From the examination it does not seem as if Mutta is the best yet, I guess this travel to Houston will give him the motivation he lacked and get rid of his doubts
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
*bump*

Since the anime is starting this spring, I began to read this manga yesterday. It is pretty good so far, Mutta reminds me of Slam Dunk's Sakuragi even though maybe Mutta is not optimistic as Sakuragi. The drawings kinda similar to Beck. It seems there are 17 volumes of tankobons released in Japan already, hence I cannot predict where the story goes judging from the earlier volumes. I hope it won't become dull.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Loved volume four, can't wait for more chapters to come out. Such a vicious cliffhanger at the end of chapter 38. While I know that the process is a sham, I can't wait to see the rationale everyone uses for their two picks.

The mounting tension, and resolution, of the green card trial was outstanding. I loved seeing Mut-chan emerge as something of a leader, or at least voice of reason, within Team A. Team B's meltdown was equally a site to behold; Makabe's ability to pull the team back from the brink was truly impressive. While waiting for new chapters, I wonder who makes the cut, and who is rejected.
 
Top